Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question to LT150 users.

I watched Aliens this weekend and experienced a weird phenomenon that I have not seen before. I could see a bluish outline on images that changed contrast for example around light beams in the dark, and during grayish scenes like Ripley's conference with VPs at beggining of movie. This happened throughout the movie.

I examined this artifact up close while pausing, and saw that this bluish outline is actually individual pixels that are not resolving. Also during pause I could see that these pixels were not stationary (dancing around), while the rest were solid, not moving.

I watched the same scenes on tv, and did not see this phenomenon. I have watched several hours and different movies and have not seen this before. Up to this point I have been quite satisfied with my current dvd player- panasonic rv80. I know it is not ps, but like I said before have been very pleased.

This leads me to believe that it is a scaling issue. Has anyone experienced this problem (especially with Aliens)?

------------------

> There can be only one.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
dfigu,

I have the projector and the movie but no time right now. Believe me I want to watch it. When I can I will try and post back. You have me curious.

------------------

plug in to play

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I watched Aliens again last night, and could not the get the problem to occur again. It was perfect. I know I was not crazy since I had a guest over while we watched Aliens.

I can only guess that either a complete power cycle was in order; or that the "auto adjust" was required for some unknown reason.

Frode has reported that sometimes the lt150 does not sync properly to the signal. This is strange. Under what circumstances might this be? I had been watching T1 (with no problem) before Aliens, and had turned the projector off between dvds... oh well.

dave

------------------

> There can be only one.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The synch issue is very common with digital projectors. Most suffer from it, but it's only in certain scenes and situations you notice that it's off a bit. Just pause the disc (I got horrible results if I left it playing) and hit auto-adjust a couple of times and it should be fixed.

------------------

/frode

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.