AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my 174" curved scope screen and even without my anamorphic lens my picture bows downward in the middle. My projector is ceiling mounted and I am thinking that maybe, for a curved screen, the projector should be aligned more straight on to the middle of the screen or at least it seems that this would help. Anyone had any experience with this?

John

·
Registered
30,250 Posts
You will get some downward bowing when projecting a 16:9 image onto a curved screen. Think about it. As the image travels farther from the projector, the image spreads out more. The projector lens is designed to provide a straight bottom edge on a flat screen. By using a curved screen you have reduced the distance from lens to corner of screen. This means the image can't spread out as much so it reduces the size of the image. That makes the ends of the image, at the bottom, rise. The curve of the screen is to help the image after it goes through the A-lens and a curved screen is not needed for all A-lens setups. Usually only those with a throw ratio under 2.0.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not aware of this but it doesn't bother me that much. I have a short throw so the curved screen helps with my anamorphic lens. Thanks for the info. Mike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts