AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to fire up my G70 for the first time. I am going to assume all is well. But the guns were askew and misaligned beyond the capability of the electronics to adjust for it. I assume I have to physically turn one of the tube shaft boxes to generally align the grid. I understand I should not turn any pots or settings on these or break the silicon. Here are some pictures. Maybe you could tell me what I need to turn or adjust. (Tubes are locked to project a 120" image.)

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Your deflection coils are all on the piss.

They need to be level, at least to startoff (you will find they probably need a very small angle, but not much).

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'll look up what the deflection coils are. But if you can tell me which ones the deflection coils are all the easier.

If they are what I think they are I couldn't help but notice things seemed at odd angles from tube to tube.

Its sort of academic at the moment. For reasons I don't understand I got an "H" board error when I turned it on. Very bummed at the moment. But still grateful.

·
Registered
8,079 Posts
Oh, the coils right up the front of the tube neck - the one hard against the bell.

The others don't matter as much (they will just blur the focus when misaligned), but the Deflection coils must be close to horizontal, or the picture will be at a strange angle and maybe go off the tube edge at the raster corners.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts