AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´ve read Guy Kuo´s focusguide and I wonder what "centering magnets" are. I can´t find any on my Ampro 4000G. How can I move the raster horisontally without using digital convergence? Is it possible to move all rasters horisontally and vertically with the remote?

Is it possible to move the image within the rasters?

I seem to have color correction on only the green tube. What kind of correction is that?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The Ampros do not have centering magnets. You can rotate the focus control to get a limited amount of control over the raster position. You will have to adjust the astig and beam focus magnets after doing this. The remote allows for a master shift of the rasters.

You can move the image inside the rasters with "phase" on the remote.

All of you lenses are color corrected. Do you mean color filtered?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, thanks!

I must admit I don´t really know what color corrected means, what does it mean?

When I look into the tubes with a flashlight, the blue and the red tube looks the same but the green tube is green also when it is off. Does this mean it is colorfiltered? Are there different kinds of color filtering? (I´ve read that in can be gel, plastic or liquid. Is it safe to take all lenses off without leaking of fluid of any kind?

Do you know if I can increase/decrease the intensity of each color separately in RGB-mode?

How can you judge if G2-settings has to be made, and how important is beamcentering?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Take the lenses off by removing the 3 large hex bolts on each lens. Each lens weighs about 10 pounds so don't drop them.

Color corrected lenses don't alter the light passing through them.

Usually when there is green filtering there also is red filtering. Maybe someone changed one of the lenses.

The later Ampros have a sub-brite and sub-contrast remote function to change each tube individually. I don't know if the 4000 has this.

Beam centering is pretty important to getting good focus on the tube. You will have to play around with the astig/beam magnets to get good beam centering.

There are a lot of threads on setting the G2 on the Ampros.
Here is one

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot Thurman!

I found that I can change sub-brite on the CPU-module but sub-contrast can only be changed in quad video.

I´ve changed the astigmator knob already but the beamcntering knob is turned down a little bit further down in the PJ. I am a bit nervous to put my hand deeper down in the PJ when it´s running. Is there a safe way to do this? I understand if you don´t want to answer this because of the risk, but I thought I would ask.

Should you do the astigmator, or beamcentering settings first or both at the same time?

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Be careful. Remove all jewelry/watches before putting your hand in there. Point a flashlight at the tube you are working on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.