AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here it is. After tweaking until my hands bled and aggravating my "better" half the PT-42PD3P is up and looks absolutely WONDERFUL. Thanks to everyone here in helping me decide on a unit. Couldn't be happier (well I could be if maybe I had as many HD channels as SD channels).

ED? You bet. HD? Nope but so what. DVD's look incredible. Haven't rewatched all my DVD's yet, but getting there.

AVSFORUM Rocks. Until next time, mes amis, au revoir.

·
Registered
83 Posts
SWEEETTT!

I like the Salamander Synergy rack. Have some of that myself just waiting for a plasma to put on it.

Congrats!

Chris

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
Registered
967 Posts
You could have gone with a table stand for this application, but that little bit of wall that is visible really adds to the display. It is much more work to wall mount a plasma and hide the cables, but it looks so much more dramatic. Very well done!

BTW, you are never "All Done". :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very well done. Room is not overwhelmed by equipment. Very attractive

·
Registered
4,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Shedrock
You could have gone with a table stand for this applicationBTW, you are never "All Done".
Did that also (bought the consumer model and got the stand, anyone want it PM me). Decided to wall mount it....it is a plasma for god's sake. Show it off. Thanks for the kind compliments. I know I'm not done yet, never really done......just goes on and on. Was thinking of getting a scaler I saw that did 480p to everything going to the plasma. Not too expensive (~$375), so waiting for disposable income account to "undeplete" itself for that, see what happens.

Anyway, I attribute this purchase to two things:

1) The comments and "perceptions" by other people concerning the different units (Panasonic, Pioneer, Fujitsu, etc..) and

2) SEEING THESE FOR MYSELF AND AT WHAT I WATCH. This cannot, IMHO, be emphasized enough. Seeking the "best" plasma is similar to seeking the "best" automobile. Your decision is based upon your needs and nuances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.