AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find a definitive list of all the HD channels on Bell expressVu (and who knows the sub package(s) required to get them)?

What I know for now is the East and West Coast networks at 635-645, plus CityTV at 640, and 4 or so PPV channeld from 646-650 or so, but I've read about TSN (The Sporting Network) having HD broadcasts on eVu and I don't see them in the guide, and I'm wonder if I might be missing more.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, if it matters, I'm only pointing at Nimiq 2 right now (one dish, and the HD stuff appears to be all on Nimiq now anyway, right?).

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,648 Posts
See the HDTV Programming Synopsis.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, thanks for the pointer, saw the link, tried out 675 (Discover Canada) and 670 (TSN-HD) and I don't get either -- tuning to either channel brings up 661 which is claims is a PPV channel.

Could this be dues to those 2 channels being on Nimiq 1?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jeffster
tried out 675 (Discover Canada) and 670 (TSN-HD) and I don't get either
You have to subscibe to the standard definition versions of those channels to get the HD.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Bogney is correct. They are on Nimiq 2, and presumably should be showing in red in your program guide if you select "all channels."

There are also HD channels allocated to TMN and MC, depending on where you're located. They also require subscription to the SD version.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jeffster
Okay, thanks for the pointer, saw the link, tried out 675 (Discover Canada) and 670 (TSN-HD) and I don't get either -- tuning to either channel brings up 661 which is claims is a PPV channel.

Could this be dues to those 2 channels being on Nimiq 1?

In order to get 675, you have to have the sports package. For 670, you have to subscribe to that package, the name of which escapes me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.