AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to add a powered uhf signal amplifier to the antenna feed side of the diplexer last night, in order to get additional HD stations. Well, it appears to have wiped out my SW-64, as the power supply for the SW is now arcing and sparking. Totally cosmic..

Things worked mostly fine before, although I think the switch was flaky in general. The original dish installers put it outside and one port cap was off and it seemed to get pretty wet inside. It would take 6 to 8 rounds of switch tests to get it to recognize all LNB feeds and each sat polarity.

But still, it worked fine before. Now, I have absolutely NO sat signals whatsoever. I have not wired around it yet with barrels to test the lnbs and the irds. Ugh, frustrating

·
Registered
760 Posts
My SW64 went out several months ago. I used two SW21 switches to bypass and get DISH 500 110 and 119. I lost 61.5 and HDTV for a while. I contacted DISH technical support and they sent me a new switch. I have the $1.99 a month warranty.

------------------

Hot

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
My sw64 recently went out also. Right now, I get (most of the time) 119 odd transponder channels. Occassionally, the even transponder channels, 110 and 61.5 will work.

I have been told by an installer (who originally insisted that the sw64 be mounted near the dishes, as opposed to inside the house) that this switch is flakely and will not work if it is farther than 50 feet from the dishes. I now have to wait for the installer to return and go back up the roof to swap switches. Anyone know if there is any truth to this. Also, is there some way of connecting three receivers to 110, 119 and 61.5 without using the sw64 switch?

Also, the power injector module (where the power supply plugs in) is poorly designed. The power plug receptacle on my neighbor's injector module broke; and DISH charged him $90.00 for a replacement injector module.

steve

·
Registered
760 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by steve:
....... and DISH charged him $90.00 for a replacement injector module.

steve
That is why it is worth the $1.99 a month for the DISH service plan.

------------------

Hot

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hot, you are most definitely right. Worth the $1.99. They charged me $15 for shipping only (I asked for it overnight), but not for the unit. I have 4 recievers, 2 dishes with 3 lnbf's and a sw64. 1.99 is the best deal in the world.......

Steve, yup the injector plug is lousy on the low voltage side, it was arcing blue sparks which is why I think the switch got fried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.