AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I hope they are going to sell these X2 series qled's here in the USA in the near future!

They say these X2 qled's are as good as OLED ,maybe a little Better!:p

Here's the 55" X2 Qled

·
Registered
347 Posts
What makes you think these TCL QLED's will be better than OLED when the Samsung QLED sets aren't better than OLED? Is the TCL edge lit? If so, it doesn't have a chance in hell to beat OLED...sorry...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
What makes you think these TCL QLED's will be better than OLED when the Samsung QLED sets aren't better than OLED? Is the TCL edge lit? If so, it doesn't have a chance in hell to beat OLED...sorry...
It's highly unlikely to be better than OLED, or than a decent LED FALD TV, including TCL's own FALD offerings.

Going from Roku to Android TV and from FALD to edge-lit QLED seem more like cost-cutting moves than anything else. I believe the QLED TCLs utilize micro-dimming algorithms, like Samsung, which basically screw with the contrast of each frame and are more of a less successful, poor-man's FALD.

I though Samsuing is going to introduce FALD in 2018.

·
Registered
347 Posts
It's highly unlikely to be better than OLED, or than a decent LED FALD TV, including TCL's own FALD offerings.

Going from Roku to Android TV and from FALD to edge-lit QLED seem more like cost-cutting moves than anything else. I believe the QLED TCLs utilize micro-dimming algorithms, like Samsung, which basically screw with the contrast of each frame and are more of a less successful, poor-man's FALD.

I though Samsuing is going to introduce FALD in 2018.
Samsung had a FALD set a couple of years ago, but I think they decided to go full on edge-lit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts