AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure where to post this, so I'll start here. If it's in the wrong place I apologize.

So I installed Windows 7 Ultimate and installed an AVERTV Combo PCI-E. I had to manually add the open QAM channels since WMC couldn't find most of them. Well, now that they are added I can watch the stations, but I can't get ANY guide information to setup recordings. Is there a fix for the guide? Thanks...

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I think you can map those channels to listings in the guide by going to SETTINGS -> TV -> GUIDE -> EDIT CHANNELS. Find the channel you want to update and select it. In the left hand menu is an option called EDIT LISTINGS. You can pick which listing should go with that channel.

I'm only doing OTA ATSC (not clear QAM), so it's possible your setup may look different than mine, but if I'm understanding the setup screens correctly, that should allow you to map those QAM channels to some guide data. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Did you have any problem when setting up the TV in MC telling it what your cable company digital supplier was?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found the options you gave Pkscout and it worked perfectly. I appreciate the help. Now let's see if the damn tuner card will stop disappearing from WMC. Remapping the guide every time the tuner disappears will be a serious PITA.

Walford - Yeah I told WMC it was Cox Cable South County. Apparently Cox changed the way their open qam channels are identified... apparently they lack a PSIP...PSID? So WMC can't automatically find the guide or the channels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts