AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please post your model, build date, and if you are affected (not cloudy, slightly cloudy, very cloudy).

Please also post how many exchanges you have gone through.

Mine are as follows:

40v2500

November

Slightly Cloudy

I have exchanged this tv 5 times.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
40XBR2

July Build Date

No clouds

·
Registered
27 Posts
46XBR2 Nov. Build Massive Clouds

Purchased 12/16/2006
Delivered 12/17/2006
Returned 1/17/2006

To all the folks who claim that the clouds don't affect the viewing experience, try watching Good Night and Good Luck or anything else shot in Black & White for that matter Gee it's foggy in that news room; maybe they didn't have air conditioning.

·
Registered
3 Posts
KDL-40V2500

November build

Mildly Cloudy

I got this TV in exchange for a defect Samsung LN-S4095D, which I believe has the same panel. Cloudiness on the Samsung was worse than on the Sony. Love the Sony, otherwise!

·
Registered
144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniz /forum/post/0

We already have a thread!

True! but for what it's worth...

KDL-46XBR2

AUGUST '06

Slightly Cloudy on L side& L topcorner & tiny leakage in R lower corner

Kept it & decided to tolerate it with Backlight 5,Brightness 48 & Picture at 90.(NO POWER saving!)

Never went thru the hassle to Return it and wait weeks for what may be a worse replacement. We really wanted a nice TV NOW, so we kept it. Plus this was our first HDTV. So, one can only expect our next HDTV in 5 years will be better.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm on my third KDL-40V2500 from BB:

#1-Purchased 12/14/06 - October '06 Mexico, distinctly cloudy and one very bright corner.

#2-Exchanged 1/4/07 - December '06 Mexico, clouds still visible but in less contrast to the dark areas and two (less) bright corners.

#3-Exchanged 1/14/07 - also December '06 Mexico, clouds about same as #2, one bright corner (a keeper? - never thought I'd have to choose the lesser of evils when I entered into this mess)

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
KDL-40V2500 (UK version: KDL-40W2000)

Manufactured December 2006

Cloudy

Replaced with:

Cloudy

Replaced with:

Clear

·
Registered
34 Posts
My KDL-46XBR2 just has been delivered in a factory sealed box. I bought it from Best Buy 3days ago. It was manufactured at Mexico in December 2006.

I did not turn it ON yet but called to SONY service and ordered firmware update to be within 30 days from the date of purchase. The update as they stated should be delivered by mail within 7-8 working days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Purchased 12/21/06 at Best Buy in Delaware

40XBR2

November Build

Slightly Cloudy

I say slightly b/c it is affected by temperature (warm up and ambient temp), by what I can tell. I can't complain b/c I got the 1080p set for under 2K. GREAT PICTURE!

·
Registered
453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelead /forum/post/0

True, and I love that thread. I just want to see the magnitude of this issue. I want to see how many exchanges have been made.

Hmmm....a thread to sample the original clouding thread.

cheezz

·
Registered
34 Posts
KDL-46XBR3

November 2006 build.

"Flashlight" mura effect from the llower left corner. Clouds visible on blank input throughout the middle of the screen.

Called Sony CS and was verified to be eligible for FW update. After going on record with my name, model & serial number, I told the rep that I would be returning it to the retailer.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.