AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
zero on my G11.

By the way, there was a similar 'dead pixel' poll thread a while back. You might want to do a search to see if you can locate it instead of trying to get the same responses again.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
One is too many.

------------------

Jeff

Currently - Zenith 7" CRT, 80x60 1.3 gain screen

Soon to be - 107x60 1.3 gain...with whatever higher rez DLP gets its act together (finally)with Panamorph or B stock/etc 9" CRT

·
Registered
46 Posts
My G11 has one blue always-on pixel, fortunately buried in the Windows task bar, so it is well out of the 16x9 region. Having seen a Sony 10HT recently, no dead pixels or not, I could easily see the G11 was obviously snapier in contrast, and with no screen door.

------------------

JVC G11U D-ILA, HTPC, Apogee Stages & 18" Isobarik sub for L/R, JBL B380 for 15" LFE

·
Registered
719 Posts
My Dukane 9000D (JVC G10) has a bunch of dead or stuck pixels. I'm enjoying the thing to much to send it in for repair. The Dukane warranty is five years, and my projector is clearly out-of-spec. I'll send it back one of these days.

Jeff Streitz

Iowa City, IA

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I didn't even know that I had 1 or 2 dead pixels until I specifically looked for them. They were on only one panel and are normally off pixels. As a result, they cause a mild loss of color and are not thus highly visible.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
534 Posts
when i first bought my G11 I had no dead pixels now with about 25 hrs on it i have discovered 2 dead red pixels, lower right hand corner. it sucks I hate it, now i focus on them, instead of watching the picture.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
I think one needs to be a little bit neurotic to notice in my case.

------------------

Ken Elliott

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I have three stuck on yellow pixels somewhere on my G-15, but you can't really see them unless you get up to the screen and really look for them. I don't even remember where there are now and I wouldn't even know about them unless the dealer told me where they were. I also have one stuck on purple pixel near the top middle of the screen, which is only noticeable on blue sky scenes and only if you spend three or four seconds looking for it. It really isn't an issue, even for a neurotic type like me.

One thing that is kind of neat about a 4:3 projector is the fact that the 16:9 image can be placed in the the top or the middle or the bottom of the 4:3 panel, either by means of an external scaler or with Dilard (I think). This gives one the ability to "move" a stuck pixel off of the 16:9 viewing area if the pixel is either near the top or the bottom of the 4:3 panel.

·
Registered
318 Posts
No stuck pixels but I just got my G-15 back from JVC service which took about 3 months but wasn't so bad since I put 300hrs on a loaner.

This was the second time in 7 months it was in for service, both times for a bad power board, which i was told was an extensive and expensive warrenty claim. I also had a faulty zoom motor which they may have damaged 6 months ago when they swapped out my lens. Apparently both parts had to come from japan. I have heard that the loaner provision can be extended which from my experience may be a good deal

Rick

·
Registered
457 Posts
None, as far as I can tell, on my G11 - 100 hours.

------------------

DVI/HDCP makes your HDTV not ready

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.