AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've read so far, it's clear that people do not think the 2003 model Panasonic progressive scan DVD players stack up to the RP-82 et al.

Obviously, since the S35, S55, F65 and F85 no longer have Faroudja DCDi, they don't have the same performance as the RP-82, CP-72 or RP-91.

But so far, the only technical thing I've heard as a mark against them is that they do not have motion adaptive scanning, resulting in jagged lines on moving objects.

What I'd like to hear, rather than just the reiteration that there is no DCDi, is how DO these new models perform? Do they have the chroma bug? Honestly, how much worse do they look compared to the RP-82 or XP-30?

Thanks for any feedback!

Rob H.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
no one will really know for sure until secrets or something does another shootout.. but so far reviews/first impressions reiterate what we already know..

pana's mission drive to reclaim the "mid market" of dvd players, with the casualty being the sage/faroudja chip.. it's "lower quality" right off the bat

. ( i dunno if that's what you lookin for..

·
Registered
367 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Hutchinson
What I'd like to hear, rather than just the reiteration that there is no DCDi, is how DO these new models perform? Do they have the chroma bug? Honestly, how much worse do they look compared to the RP-82 or XP-30?
Depending upon the material, the new models can look much worse, hence the scramble by people to buy the older Faroudja equipped models while they are still available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.