AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to rant about how all year long every home Yankee game was broadcast by MSG and Cablevision in HD.

Now that its the World series and Fox is broadcasting the games it is SD. Totally unacceptable. Why not let MSG shoot in HD?

LJG

·
Registered
497 Posts
I agree whole heartedly! How many viewers would FOX lose if they let MSG or HDNet simulcast the series in HD? Here in Phoenix I was hoping we might be able to get the MSG feed someway and now you tell me it's FOX and FOX SD only. What a shame.

Al Keown

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
Fox has flatly said they don't believe in HD. They won't broadcast it. They won't give it to you. They know how much every HD set owner wants the games in HD. But they said they won't do it. I don't see how any amount of ranting will change this. Fox will never share a feed with any other provider. It's not in Murdoch's nature. And he certainly doesn't care if he loses a few HD viewers in protest. I predict that at least in the next 5 years, there will not be a single HD broadcast from Fox.

I simply don't watch Fox. And I don't care if Murdoch doesn't care whether or not I watch.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
I am with you Jerry, to bad we probably wont get the super bowl in HD ither. I hate Fox and refuse to watch it, but I have to watch Fox Sports Net because I am a Laker fan, if it wasn't for the Lakers I would never watch any Fox programming.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Juan
I am with you Jerry, to bad we probably wont get the super bowl in HD ither. I hate Fox and refuse to watch it, but I have to watch Fox Sports Net because I am a Laker fan, if it wasn't for the Lakers I would never watch any Fox programming.
One way to get your favorite team on HD is to initiate a campaign among the viewers (the fans). As far as baseball is concerned, write a letter to the league commissioner and tell him you and your friends want to watch the series in HD and that Fox won't broadcast in HD. The next time they negotiate the broadcast rights, this issue can come up if enough viewers demand it.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Everytime the NY locals hit the final rounds of the playoffs we are given the back end of the horse because of broadcasting rights. I realize that the broadcaster paid huge dollars for the broadcast rights, but the irony of watching the most competitive games in diminished resolution washes over me throughout the broadcast.

Knicks

Rangers

Islanders

Mets

Yankees

Devils

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.