AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching for a few weeks on here and I've narrowed this down to the Benq W1070. Can you guys help me make the right choice?

Budget:$700-$850
Bedroom size: 11' x 12' x 8'h
Screen Size: roughly 85-100"
Placed on furniture in rear 11' wall 2' below ceiling, roughly 10' throw distance
Uses: Movies, XMBC, Games (input lag is very important)

I haven't decided on a screen so I'd like to see how it sizes up on the wall first. The only problem is I will be moving to a new apartment and I may need to increase the throw distance if I put this in a living room, so lens shift and ratio are important to me.

Is there a better projector for my price range? The W1070 is sitting at $650 on amazon which is phenomenal, but I've read quite a few issues with fan quietness, quality control issues, lamps that doesn't last nearly as long as competitors, DUST, etc. I'd be willing to stretch the budget for a better unit, is this really the best projector out there for me? The positive reviews for the W1070 make me want to pull the trigger today!

·
Registered
920 Posts
I've been researching for a few weeks on here and I've narrowed this down to the Benq W1070. Can you guys help me make the right choice?

Budget:$700-$850
Bedroom size: 11' x 12' x 8'h
Screen Size: roughly 85-100"
Placed on furniture in rear 11' wall 2' below ceiling, roughly 10' throw distance
Uses: Movies, XMBC, Games (input lag is very important)

I haven't decided on a screen so I'd like to see how it sizes up on the wall first. The only problem is I will be moving to a new apartment and I may need to increase the throw distance if I put this in a living room, so lens shift and ratio are important to me.

Is there a better projector for my price range? The W1070 is sitting at $650 on amazon which is phenomenal, but I've read quite a few issues with fan quietness, quality control issues, lamps that doesn't last nearly as long as competitors, DUST, etc. I'd be willing to stretch the budget for a better unit, is this really the best projector out there for me? The positive reviews for the W1070 make me want to pull the trigger today!
Go for it. It's what you want, it's what you should get. If you sit on the fence worrying about the reported downsides, you'll be sitting on the fence forever. There's no such thing as a perfect, issue proof projector. For the price, you won't find any projector that performs better than the w1070. Go get it!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Just looking for any last suggestions over the W1070 price point. Don't think the features of the newer Benq models are wroth the price since the image is exactly the same.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts