AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll apologize in advance if I've missed this somewhere, but haven't seen this trouble obvoiusly reported and/or worked around:

My 3060 went brain-dead, stuck at "please wait", so after much reading here, I presumed OS corruption, and went off into RTVPatch-land to attempt reviving the unit. This seemed to go pretty well (I used the 3000/showstopper .rtv image from the net to restore/patch). Many many many thanks to this community for getting us to the point of being able to do this at home! I am very grateful!

But, the unit comes up thinking it only has 30 minutes of storage. Hmmm, says I. So, I did a 777-zones factory reset (any data was already gone anyway), but for other reasons (modem/phone line issues), haven't gotten through the initial setup yet. Will the full disk size be restored once I do that?

Also, on the net .rtv image: I thought it would already have the modem settings page. Either I missed it, or it's not in there. Did I miss it? (this would help me get past my phone line problems, I had previously set the modem to 28.8 to get it working consistently)

Once again, mucho thanks to all. My wife was amazed that I was able to do in about 1/2 hour what the service rep said would take weeks, and many $$$ (well, I know I'm not done yet, but I can tell I'm so very, very close).

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
That image ftp://anonymous:[email protected]/R...order%20image/ you downloaded does have the modem speed panel. Modem speed panel is accessed when at the "Dialing Prefix" screen in setup - hit the "zones" button on the remote.

Also I don't think you did the patch correctly. Put the replay drive back in the PC - set replay drive as "Target" and perform the patch answering yes to all the questions. Should read normal hours after that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed, the modem speed page is there, and works like a champ.

So does the disk image, *IF* you remember to do a 'patch' *after* you have done a 'restore'. Very important. I guess that's what the whole text of the message in the 'status' field meant, but all I could see was "Needs to be..."

Once again, thanks to all of you. This has saved me from having to think about a replacement unit, or having to deal with the wait and cost of service. I feel whole again. :D

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CrackerTowel
...I feel whole again. :D
Wow chalk up another for Mikeyboy! Congrats! :)

·
Registered
5,119 Posts
I know... but making their lives "whole" again really goes beyond the call of duty?

Once again Mikeyboy to the rescue! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.