AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just finished building my first htpc, what a great experience that was. I have a sapphire hd4890 and am trying to connect to my hp lp2475w via hdmi. when I boot the computer, nothing is showing up on the screen. The computer comes on, graphics card is on, no beeps. Those are good signs.

What is the best way to connect the hd4890 to the monitor on first boot? Confused and really want to see if I get the post screen.

Is there anythign else I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
What motherboard are you using? Does it have onboard video? Did you change your BIOS to use the 4890 instead of the onboard?

I believe your monitor has 2 DVI connections are you selecting the correct DVI input on the monitor?

If the 4890 has 2 DVI outputs you might try using the other output. I doubt this is the issue.

Also, make sure you have 4890 plugged into your PSU. Typically you will get warning beeps if it isn't plugged in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry, I just reread your post and noticed you are using the HDMI input on your monitor. So please disregard the DVI piece of my previous post.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamber /forum/post/16993482

What motherboard are you using? Does it have onboard video? Did you change your BIOS to use the 4890 instead of the onboard?

I believe your monitor has 2 DVI connections are you selecting the correct DVI input on the monitor?

If the 4890 has 2 DVI outputs you might try using the other output. I doubt this is the issue.

Also, make sure you have 4890 plugged into your PSU. Typically you will get warning beeps if it isn't plugged in.

Good luck.

I am using a gigabyte ex58-ud5 which does not have onboard video. You are right that I do have 2 dvi connectors, I dont have a dvi cable or I would have tried that, only hdmi.

The 4890 is seated and plugged into the psu, it lights up and I can hear the fan. No beeps at all.

Havent gotten to the bios yet as I dont get anything on the screen.

Jim

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2Photos /forum/post/16993623

Can you see the Menu of the HP? Has the monitor worked elsewhere before?

Yes, monitor works fine, using it right now. I believe it is that i need to do dvi or vga setup initially, instead of hdmi.

JL

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlenz /forum/post/16993883

Yes, monitor works fine, using it right now. I believe it is that i need to do dvi or vga setup initially, instead of hdmi.

JL

Most likely there are no drivers for HDMI out so you have to use legacy drivers until you get the ATI stuff installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts