AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After months of browsing this site, I finally designed and built my first real home theater. All I need now is the carpeting and I will be able to move in the furniture! But even without the rug, the AV gear is plugged in and the movies are already playing!!

Video: Sharp 9000 with Stewart Firehawk (96" wide)

Audio: Meridian Digital Theater

Controller: Phillips Pronto Pro

Thanks to everyone who has posted all the invaluable information on this site especially in the Theater Construction forum. I was able find answers to almost all my questions in a matter of minutes. This is definitely the place to get REAL answers to very specific and technical questions!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Nice, very nice:cool:

·
Registered
27,353 Posts
Looks like a greaat set up!

Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys....I really spent a lot of time in AutoCAD getting the absolute precision in all the wall layers and positioning of all the equipment (only had 3 projector changes in the process.....lol).

Tom,

All the speakers are behind the black GOM fabric around the screen. The screen is not Microperf so the center channel is under the screen, flanked by two sub woofers, with the L and R on both sides of the screen. The surrounds are built in to corner cabinets, so here is a picture of what they look like in more detail. I built the custom speaker grills, but all the Meridian DSP-5000's are at equal height in the room to keep all the tweeters on axis at about ear level.

Art,

The screen is 16x9 8' (96" wide). The main seating position (couch) is 14-15' back from the screen which gives a minimum 30 degree FOV @ 15'

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.