Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow Members

Gleeming as much information here on the forum and net. Trying to put the final peices of the jigsaw together for constant height set up.

Looking at the sharp xvz2000 and the infocus sp7502. I think the sharp will do the required vertical stretch when watching 2.35. I am not sure about the infocus. If not on the infocus what do I need to accomplish this? I feel the sharp is the easy way out. But its picture quality may not be as good as the infocus. I plan to use a prismasonic lens h600 or h1200.

Tried talking to a few of the reputable dealers here but they just look at you funny when you mention 2.35 screen "why do you want that dont you mean 16:9" and then you really loose them when you mention a lens.

I am looking at a new dvd player as well. Denon 2910 I hear some guys say that dvd players can also do the requried stretch as well.

Any help appreciated please

·
Banned
946 Posts
benthx:

I know what exactly you are talking about. One dealer in the US told me I was talking about an imaginary system until I showed him differently and he refused to get out of my HT. Asked me all kinds of questions. It was hilarious.

Anyway, I do not know much about the IF 7502 but I did own a Sharp Z9000 and was very pleased with it until the Qualia bug bit me and I was infected. Coupled with the Prismasonic H600/1200 you should do just fine. I am using the Lumagen Pro HDP as the scaler and it does a fine job. Good luck and Go Wide. You will not regret it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Cableman in Melbourne Australia have already installed several 2.35:1 set-ups - give them a call. Cableman

And they just won the CEDIA Award for Best Residential Installation over $100,000.00.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.