AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of curiosity (and nothing better to do at the moment), I went through the first 1,000 posts of the thread "what do you have". Three brands clearly stand out. B&W, Klipsch and Paradigm. This constituted at least 60% of the brands posted.

I know they all sound good but, why so popular when there are so many other good choices with identical price points? Good marketing? Dealer network?

And, I seem to be the only one with SL series Infinities! Out of all those posts! Am I alone?

·
Registered
306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlsaudio /forum/post/18259325

Out of curiosity (and nothing better to do at the moment), I went through the first 1,000 posts of the thread "what do you have". Three brands clearly stand out. B&W, Klipsch and Paradigm. This constituted at least 60% of the brands posted.

I know they all sound good but, why so popular when there are so many other good choices with identical price points? Good marketing? Dealer network?

And, I seem to be the only one with SL series Infinities! Out of all those posts! Am I alone?

perhaps people who have other brands of speakers don't frequent websites like this or any other audio websites for that matter?

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did notice a good sprinkling of Cerwin Vega early on. They all but disappeared by 2007.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oh - I haven't posted in that thread. I do have an Infinity system though!

Two pairs of Infinity Beta 20s and an Infinity Beta C250 center.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think they were the generation after mine. Then came the first gen Primus line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts