AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These look like the top Nav, Blu Tooth, Sat radio head units.

I'm going to put one of these in a new sports car I'm picking up

1. How reliable os Blue Tooth connectivity,

2. Will both pieces do Sirius and XM?

3. How well does the Nav work? Does the nav engage while the car is moving?4. Ergonomics

Anything anyone can add about either one of these units.

Installation costs??

Thanks!

·
Registered
610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/16969330

These look like the top Nav, Blu Tooth, Sat radio head units.

I'm going to put one of these in a new sports car I'm picking up

1. How reliable os Blue Tooth connectivity,

2. Will both pieces do Sirius and XM?

3. How well does the Nav work? Does the nav engage while the car is moving?4. Ergonomics

Anything anyone can add about either one of these units.

Installation costs??

Thanks!

For Kenwood info, I would check here. http://www.kenwoodforums.com/index.php

I don't think the Alpine unit is even in the same class.

·
Registered
830 Posts
ive had the w505/p1 combo since december 08 and i really like it. bluetooth is really going to depend on your phone. i have a blackberry and i have to push it for address book but sq on calls is good.

the nav is okay, kenwood will win out in nav, they used garmin. alpine uses their own tech which is their fatal flaw.

both will do xm and sirius. but i know some kenwood units (excelon) can get weather data and traffic. i did that in a customers car and it was pretty cool but the antenna was huge

·
Registered
27,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I use an iPhone.. Any idea how that works in either Kenwood or Alpine units?

Thanks (nice picture).

·
Registered
610 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland /forum/post/16973621

I use an iPhone.. Any idea how that works in either Kenwood or Alpine units?

Thanks (nice picture).

This is the Kenwood phone matrix. http://www.kenwood.com/cs/ce/bt/

YMMV.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I work for an Alpine dealer, we don't sell Kenwood, but we do install many.

IMHO, the kenwood out of the box is better. But...

The route I went with my 505 (since I can't buy the kenwood) is instead of the NVE-P1 I went with NVE-M300 and for bluetooth I went KCE-400BT. I also used the PXA-H100 imprint processor.

This combination destroys the kendwood I believe. It does cost a little more, but is very worth it.

The NVE-M300 is a much better nav than the P1 and just a good as the Garmin(IMO).

The KCE-400BT is made by parrot and enables BT audio.

The PXA-H100 is made by Audyssey and is the MulteqXT (and is programmable with a laptop). It can automatically set everything up using up to 6 measured mic locations or you can manually enter all your eq and time align settings. By far the best sounding and easiest to use processor I've ever used.

Also, I find Ipod and Sat radio sounds much better on the Alpine with the PXA-H100

Now, to be fair, the Kenwood can do all the EQ and Time align stuff without any add-ons. To buy this stuff all seperate for Alpine adds to the cost, complexity and labour.

·
Registered
830 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorcookie /forum/post/17010103

I work for an Alpine dealer, we don't sell Kenwood, but we do install many.

IMHO, the kenwood out of the box is better. But...

The route I went with my 505 (since I can't buy the kenwood) is instead of the NVE-P1 I went with NVE-M300 and for bluetooth I went KCE-400BT. I also used the PXA-H100 imprint processor.

This combination destroys the kendwood I believe. It does cost a little more, but is very worth it.

The NVE-M300 is a much better nav than the P1 and just a good as the Garmin(IMO).

The KCE-400BT is made by parrot and enables BT audio.

The PXA-H100 is made by Audyssey and is the MulteqXT (and is programmable with a laptop). It can automatically set everything up using up to 6 measured mic locations or you can manually enter all your eq and time align settings. By far the best sounding and easiest to use processor I've ever used.

Also, I find Ipod and Sat radio sounds much better on the Alpine with the PXA-H100

Now, to be fair, the Kenwood can do all the EQ and Time align stuff without any add-ons. To buy this stuff all seperate for Alpine adds to the cost, complexity and labour.

yea i use the pxa h100 as well and find it to be a great little add on for on the fly adjusting. the audyssey program has its quirks but is a great start

1 - 7 of 7 Posts