AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
another impressive looking Netflix series coming early next year...looks very Blade Runner-ish...Altered Carbon imagines a future in which the most discerning (and presumably wealthiest) human beings can live forever, transferring their now-portable conscious selves into an endless series of vessel bodies-- or, in future corporate marketing-speak, "human sleeves"

the series is based on Richard K. Morgan's books of the same name and follows protagonist Takeshi Kovacs as he investigates a murder...the twist?...human consciousness has been digitized and Kovacs was dead for a few centuries prior to being resurrected to take the case...this type of death and resurrection isn't cheap, and as such, only the well-heeled have access to it...when the deceased in question is the world's richest man, the question of just what mortality means comes into play...

·
Registered
22,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Set for NetFlix release in February 2018. Said to be their most expensive series yet. Can't wait.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/04/altered-carbon-trailer-netflix/

that's cool that Miguel Sapochnik (of Game of Thrones fame) is directing the premiere...even more reason to be excited for this...Netflix is really stepping up their game recently and is not just relying on those Marvel superhero shows to carry their lineup

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
Hopefully this is as good as it looks. I really need Netflix to get up to 50 or so really good shows. They drop the whole season at once and I cant watch one a week, I finish a season a week. Right now im out of things to watch, cant wait.

1 - 20 of 408 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.