AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 395 Posts

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
another impressive looking Netflix series coming early next year...looks very Blade Runner-ish...Altered Carbon imagines a future in which the most discerning (and presumably wealthiest) human beings can live forever, transferring their now-portable conscious selves into an endless series of vessel bodies-- or, in future corporate marketing-speak, "human sleeves"

the series is based on Richard K. Morgan's books of the same name and follows protagonist Takeshi Kovacs as he investigates a murder...the twist?...human consciousness has been digitized and Kovacs was dead for a few centuries prior to being resurrected to take the case...this type of death and resurrection isn't cheap, and as such, only the well-heeled have access to it...when the deceased in question is the world's richest man, the question of just what mortality means comes into play...

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
I've had Altered Carbon on my Goodreads "to read" list for a while. Maybe I need to get to that series sooner than later. (I prefer to read the book first.)

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Set for NetFlix release in February 2018. Said to be their most expensive series yet. Can't wait.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/12/04/altered-carbon-trailer-netflix/

that's cool that Miguel Sapochnik (of Game of Thrones fame) is directing the premiere...even more reason to be excited for this...Netflix is really stepping up their game recently and is not just relying on those Marvel superhero shows to carry their lineup

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That worries me. If it doesn't get a huge "Game of Thrones"-like following/buzz within a couple of seasons, it will likely get cancelled like Marco Polo and Sense8. :(

how many books are there in this series?...I thought it was only 1 book

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
Me too!!!!!

·
Registered
12,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Always thought these would be good books. However, do we get a new lead actor every time Kovacs changes bodies?

good question...I'm guessing yes if they want to stick to the source material...I mean the whole premise is about changing 'sleeves' so keeping the same actor wouldn't make any sense

1 - 20 of 395 Posts