AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that the DTC100 software downloads have given some added functionality to the remote control. I seem to remember that an alternate function is the ability to change aspect ratio formats with a single key stroke. I am still wading through the menus to do this function.

Is there a list of alternate functions for the DTC-100 remote available???

If so, I haven't been able to find it.

Thanks for any help,

Bob Smith

·
Registered
936 Posts
There is no list that I know of, but here are the two functions I know:

FETCH- Toggles HD Monitor On and Off, must be activated through the menus (can't remember where it is but I know its the last option in a list and it says Edit Fetch).

FAST FORWARD- Changes Aspect Ratio, on a 16:9 monitor it changes: 4:3 with Side Bars, Stretch, and Fill (Only works for analog 480i programming). If you have a 4:3 monitor it changes between Letterbox and cropped.

------------------

-h pierce

Surely you can't be serious... I am serious and don't call me Shirley.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Appreciate the information.

Looks like I haven't been missing much, I really needed an easy way to switch between HD 16:9 format and SD 4:3 format, and I only use the component monitor output.

At least I don't feel like I've been thumbing through menus for no reason!

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
In addition to the two functions described above, there are several discrete codes for the DTC100 on remotecentral.com. These include both HDTV/SDTV as well as aspect ratios. You need a Pronto (or a friend with a Pronto to train your remote) to use them.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Bob, I'm in the same boat as you. My 4x3 set does the vertical squeeze with 1080i hd, but I would reall like to be able to watch 4x3 sd in it's OAR with no bars.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Rick Evarts:
..there are several discrete codes for the DTC100 on remotecentral.com.....
Yes. The hex code gurus have found several discrete codes which the DTC-100 supports but which are not on the remote.

Kent

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.