Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

It has been some time that I visited this forum and I am surprised to see that a "search" on D-ILA with bulb gives me less than 4 entrees and D-ILA + F.A.Q zero?

Once the D-ILA was regarded as the Queen of rainbow free images :))

However I need to replace my bulb and I can remember that an alternative lamp for almost half the costs (550 US $) was for sale with somebody

I cannot seem to find his email

Can somebody help me out or are there other developments in this field?

Kyrill

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by kyrill
...Once the D-ILA was regarded as the Queen of rainbow free images :))

However I need to replace my bulb and I can remember that an alternative lamp for almost half the costs (550 US $) was for sale with somebody...

Kyrill
Kyrll,

The DILA is still King of rainbow free images. The lamp you are asking about can be found here .

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the address

I found the emailaddress of Ralph Felten who did deliver the Xenon lamp with the help from Kris, , but the address is not valid anymore.

Does anyone still know about him?

Kyrill

·
Registered
48 Posts
Kyrill,

Just remember the JVC bulb is available for a price alot less then it was months ago. I know the forum will not allow prices to be mentioned but I suggest you do an internet search and you might want a JVC bulb. If you e-mail me I will tell you what I paid for one.

Tom

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tom

Can you email me your email or open yr Private messages box?

K.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, sometimes it is necessary to clean up a full database and get rid of all the D-ILA old posts from yesteryear ;) Or do I search wrong? Search does not give any post to the adjusting of the D-ILA Xenon lamp. There were some pictures posted of the electric diagram of the pj. how to do that. A slight decrease of voltage, lenghten lamp life considerably. For instance a 50% decrease (not practical) lengthen the life of an ordinary lamp with 2 to the 11 power.

Is there still a link available to how to adjust the Dila lamp voltage?

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
do not play with the power pot. you can do essentially the same thing with the remote.

search for "500w"

[email protected]

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correction.

The emaill address I got had two letters reversed..

So now with the help of this forum I got the right one and I am a happy camper. Special lamp makers are http://www.asltg.com/Introduction.htm

Have a nice Easter en try to ponder what unconditional Love is and who is the one capable of it :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Tryg
do not play with the power pot. you can do essentially the same thing with the remote.

search for "500w"

[email protected]
How ? By lessening brightness. Does it lower the lamp output?

PS yr email address is the right one

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks very very much.

Helas in the post is missing how you have to turn the pot clockwise or anti c. to adjust the power to the lamp to slightly decrease the power to the 500 watt in the case of G11 or G10 you considerably lenghten its lifetime

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.