Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've have an ASUS tv tuner that's been working ok. My problem is with the remote that came with the tv tuner. The remote itself is pretty nice and even has a pad to move the mouse, unfortunately the drivers SUCK. And asus seems to like to take their time updating drivers.

My main problem is, although the drivers do allow for custom profiles, there is no way to change the default profile that is loaded upon bootup. So one has to manually click on the profiles menu, select your profile and then click ok.

So, does anyone know if there are any alternative drivers that exist for the asus remote? The receiver on the remote connects through a usb port, so I'm not sure which drivers work for such devices.

Also, if I can't find any drivers, can I just buy another IR receiver that connects through a serial port and use that?

thanks for any help!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Have you tried UICE i dont think it supports itt out of the box (though its worth a try) if not there is a generic usb driver on the site to try

Its shareware with a 30 day trial but i have found it very easy to configure for simple app/windows control and is scriptable others may suggest Girder but ive had no experience with it

Matt

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.