AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for an alternative to the Berklines. Something that has the similar look and feel but isn't as wide. I need a couple of chairs in straight arm configuration that are at the most 37" wide. The Berklines are 40" and it's just 3" too big in the configuration I need for the front row chairs.

Please provide the width, brand, and manufacturer plus website that I can find them. Wish I could get the berklines but I don't think I can make them fit.

:(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found something that might meet my needs, and most importantly they have meet with the wife's approval. Has anybody delt with 4seating.com? If so, how comfortable are the MIB's, how was the service?

Thanks.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Good question, is anyone familiar with these seats?

Harlan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone? How bout there availibility in Canada?

·
Registered
935 Posts
Have you looked at the Berkline 087 model. They are a little more expensive, but they are thinner than the 090s. You could also opt for a "loveseat" approach to the Berkline 090s. You can take the center arm out which will save you more than the three inches you need.

Harlan

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm also in the middle of looking at the Berkline 090's. Their website isn't complete in detail and features and unfortunately they're marketing / sales folks seem to be even less knowledgeable (at least the ones I spoke with.) Did get them to mail me a brochure with detail but hasn't arrived yet.

I'm also looking to do the armless option. I'll do 2 rows of 4 seats. (1) two arm seat, (2) armless seats, and (1) two arm seat. Should be 130" total width and would give each person an armrest with cupholder. I'm also interested in seeing if they have an option for the massage (shiatsu or otherwise) for a couple of these seats as long as the mechanism is quiet like the panasonics. Website seems to imply that massage is an option but again, not clear from the info. I'll let you know what I find when the brochure arrives.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the Elran Home Theater line and love it. I was looking at Berklines, etc. and settled on these. I can post pix if u want.

Warren

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by the bomber
Have you looked at the Berkline 087 model. They are a little more expensive, but they are thinner than the 090s. You could also opt for a "loveseat" approach to the Berkline 090s. You can take the center arm out which will save you more than the three inches you need.

Harlan
I think I have deciced on going with the 090's in the love seat type configuration you mentioned. I'll just get two chairs with one arm each, and seperate them out (my projector is in the middle on the floor, not really enough clearance on the ceiling to put it there). What are the measurements for the 087s?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by dvmdoc
I have the Elran Home Theater line and love it. I was looking at Berklines, etc. and settled on these. I can post pix if u want.

Warren

Hi,

I would be interested in pix and ballpark pricing and dimensions if you can provide them.

thanks,

Dennis:)

·
Registered
315 Posts
There are 5 pieces (dual central recliners, two wedges, then two outer recliners). I actually could have had 3 across the middle.

At any rate, it was about $2200 in black leather match. I have a ButtkickerII on the stage behind the seats and they all get a reasonable LFE rumble too.

I hope this pix posts else I"ll try to email you directly.

Good luck,

Warren

·
Registered
315 Posts
Stage is 15', Elran is 11'10" at widest point.

WB

·
Registered
315 Posts
Go to their website and look for a store locator near you or call them.

WB

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I couldn't find a website for Elran. Please post it if this is permissible. Thanks!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Have you tried this company?

http://www.jaymar.ca/Jaymar_anglais1024.htm

They are in Montreal and make great home theatre seating (very good leather), recliners, shared arms with cupholders. Similar in style to berklines (from what I know of them). They seem to be a little slimmer though.

The website above royally sucks, but I included it for the contact info. I have seen and sat in these chairs at 2 different home theatre retailers, and like them a lot. As I remember pricing seemed quite reasonable, and no border and associated fees for us Canucks.

Rick

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
The Jaymar's are rebadged and marked up for sale as Bass Industries. Check out www.bassind.com to get an idea of what the Jaymar's are like. I like the Jaymar's a lot and am leaning towards these for seating. There are various styles, with some that have lower seat backs which should have less of a negative impact on surround sound fields (an issue that is overlooked by many). Another option is La-Z-Boy's upcoming Matinee loungers. These should start to arrive in showrooms in the next month or so.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott B
The Jaymar's are rebadged and marked up for sale as Bass Industries. Check out www.bassind.com to get an idea of what the Jaymar's are like. I like the Jaymar's a lot and am leaning towards these for seating. There are various styles, with some that have lower seat backs which should have less of a negative impact on surround sound fields (an issue that is overlooked by many). Another option is La-Z-Boy's upcoming Matinee loungers. These should start to arrive in showrooms in the next month or so.
\\

Hi,

I would like to note that I was at Jordan's Furniture (Natick, MA) and they had the Jaymars (just like the Deco Penthouse Lounger which Bass sells for $1350 a chair in nusuede - Jordan's was selling the Jaymars at about $2600-2800 for 4 CHAIRS! I sat in them and they are quite nice - firm, good quality manufacturing and very stylish. I would prefer if they were a button release for the recline (have to push back on backrest). It seems like Bass is sitcking it to the consumer.

Dennis:rolleyes: :eek:

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I called Jaymar today. They need 17" clearance from a wall to fully recline. This may be an issue for some. Also, the backs do come off for those of you with tight doorways.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I'm not sure about Elran's website. There's a couple of them. One is cheesy. Can someone post the site or provide contact info please?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.