AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

YES I know there is a thread dedicated to this exact question it hasn't been updated in 4 months. I am looking for an alternative to a HTIB. I am currently living in an apartment. I just bought the 55 inch sony hx820 and am looking into audio now. The room itself is pretty small so tower speakers may look weird.

I would say the room is about 18 feet long and 13 feet wide.

My budget is about $500-700

I am looking for:

A receiver

bluray player

5.0 or 5.1 speakers

a sub if 5.0

stands for speakers

I have an iPhone and Apple TV so it would be awesome to integrate airplay.

I most likely will not set up the side speakers unless they are decent size or wireless because there just isn't enough room and I hate wires.

I will mostly use this system for watching TV, movies and a lot of music which will most likely be hip hop and rap, and rock. I want good SQ but also great bass.

Thanks for your help!

P.S. I will continue to search but I figured id ask my exact questions while I keep learning!

·
Registered
16,730 Posts
Or the Yamaha YHT-395 and the Panasonic BDT-210 BD player. Still within your price point and they match very well together (High Speed HDMI, lossless audio, built-in WiFi on the Panasonic). Both play very nicely with my ATV2.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the fast replies!

The deal from tiger sounds great. I saw that in another thread but wasn't too sure.

The room is about 18x13 and 10 foot ceilings with tile floors.

With the deal from tiger what sub should I add?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts