AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have Aperion audio 6T's, and 5C/4B center/rears powered by a Onkyo 507.

I'm looking for a receiver that allows me to set a different crossovers point for each set of speakers. The goal would be to crossover the bass on the 6T's at a different point than the rest of the setup.

Very long story but the 6T's are beyond bad ass, and go too deep for my apartment complex.

I would love to get a receiver with a bit more power as well (for the future).

What would you recommend at a price range below $450?

the obvious choice would be a Onkyo 607 - but I'm wondering if there were any alternatives that offer more bang for buck.

Thank you.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They are all 7.1 receivers. Are there any 5.1 receivers that deliver? A higher power rating than the 507 would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the Yamaha - RX-V863BL support independent crossover settings?

How would it compare vs the 765? they are both the same price..

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yamaha 765, Denon 1910, Pioneer 91

Which of the 3 would have the most power? my speakers have low sensitivity.

I called Electronics Expo and they said the Yamaha 765 does not have the abilty to set individual crossovers and this only matters for the sub. I do not have a sub so the fronts will run in FULL on every receiver.

Help?!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The Denon 1610/590 allows you to set a global crossover or for each individual channel. It also has a better Audyssey implementation (MultEQ vs 2EQ) than the Onkyo 507.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou99 /forum/post/18293576

You could always google them to find out.

BTW, as much as I understand your desire to spend as little as possible, you have some speakers costing $1200 or so, are nominally rated as 6ohms with a 91db sensitivity rating and you will be running them fullrange.........you may want to look at some AVRs with more nuts then entry level offerings.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou99 /forum/post/18293576

The 1910 has the highest power consumption so it'll likely have the highest power output. The Non-Elite Pioneer line and Yamaha budget line aren't doing well on the test bench as of 2009. If you don't need 7.1 or video upscaling, the Denon 1610/590 will do what you need. I used one to power Aperion 4 series speakers in a 20x15 room with 9 foot ceilings and it didn't flinch. Here's the link:

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...p/t-57681.html

·
Premium Member
93,361 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou99 /forum/post/18289084

I'm looking for a receiver that allows me to set a different crossovers point for each set of speakers. The goal would be to crossover the bass on the 6T's at a different point than the rest of the setup.

If there's no sub, then the 6T's are set to LARGE and won't have a crossover. The LFE will be directed to them as well as the lower frequencies of the center and surrounds. Why wouldn't a global crossover work for you?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts