AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and girls), I own a sony vph 1272Q and I have a burned blue tube. I read somewhere that there are alternatives to using sony crt tubes in these projectors, other brands could also work. Does anybody out there have any further info on this, if so I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
490 Posts
The Barco 808 uses the same tube, but the HV lead has a different connector. You can just change the connector on the end of th HV lead.

Other than that, the 125x, 127x all use (basically) the same tube. Some of them will have a tube that's either slightly brighter or dimmer than your tubes (depending on what you have now), but it's not a terrible difference.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
are you sure about that

the barco 808 takes em focus tubes that i believe are made by Panasonic

i thank your talking about the barco 800

XANATOS

·
Registered
435 Posts
If memory serves, only the Barco Data 801, 801s, and Graphics 801 take the same tubes as the 1272. These projectors (1252,1272,BD801,BD801s,BG801) take the 07msp tube which is a brighter tube than the 07mp.

I believe there is a tube length difference between the 07msp and the 07mp.

·
Registered
9,539 Posts
I swapped used 07msp's for new 07MP's in my 1271 and I think the brightness difference is only on paper. I read a article from once that stated the way Sony was measureing the brightness of thier machines was more conservative then the competition so when they introduced the slightly different tube they changed the mannor of measurement and thus became competitive again (from a purely spec standpoint.)

·
Registered
490 Posts
You guys have forgotten more stuff that I nave ever learned :) I just know that some pj(s) in the Barco 800 series use the same tubes... thought it was the 808, but I was probably wrong :(

·
Registered
435 Posts
I think you can replace the 07msp tubes in Sonys with the 07mp, but not vice versa. That is where the tube length comes into play.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.