AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like many of you out there, I have the Panny L300U. I've been tempted to buy the Bravo D-1, but based on all the negative comments, I have avoided the purchase.

Does anyone see anything on the horizon with new product entries that will be compatible with the Panny and that I can use the DVI input?

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I think the Bravo is an awesome player if you replace the loader. I did & everything works great. Plus the transport/access is lightning fast now!

·
Registered
266 Posts
The Bravo D1 will most likely be the only DVD player you can use with the L300u, if you plan on using the DVI input. Every other DVI enabled DVD player coming out right now is compliant with HDCP specs, so they will not work with the Panny.

I love the Bravo personally. It's only locked up on one disc, which was Superbit. The picture is incredible!!

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
There is also the Momitsu V880, although ordering that is a little more problematic as it is not sold directly in this country.

It is based of the same unit as the Bravo, but has different features. And does not have the tweakable settings to my knowledge. So it may not work properly with the Panny, but it is not HDCP compliant.

BB

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
have the initial issues with the bravo been resolved??

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Not quite yet, although there is a rumored firmware update that may help. Watch the "Bravo Firmware Update" thread.

Also, my post about the V880 appears to be incorrect, there is now an equivalent custom menu available in updated software for it as well.

BB

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by slateef
have the initial issues with the bravo been resolved??
I replaced the loader on mine & all of the problems have gone away-it wasnt that hard, either.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Philips DVD727, it is zone-free with a simpe hack code and it does PAL/NTSC conversion. Going for $79.99 at GoodGuys.

Pin;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.