AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
I'm wondering if I'm understanding you. Most have aluminum face plates but are flimsy and cheasey feeling. Are you talking about Aluminum color as well? If so B&K 307 has about a 1/4" very heavy silver or black aluminum face plate. The new Sherwoods come in "titanium" color as well.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
For shame, for shame. The nice system/rooms you do and you're looking for a receiver to handle the audio portion????

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True Buzz...:)

But up here in the Space Station the quarters are a bit cramped.

Seriuosly, there is a HUGE market for self contained Silver HT Stuff.

After the advent of the first 50" broadcast grade PLASMA. And considering the new economic conditions BIGGER is not necessarily better.

In the following piece of furniture, for example:

http://www.xtremedtv.com/images/invi...20callisto.jpg

If the Calliopes where powered then, that could work, all in Mercedes Aluminum.

Did you know that Aluminum became the German Racing color after Mercedes won the first Grand Prix because they sanded the paint off?

·
Registered
262 Posts
the new parasound components have the silver/Champaign finish that you desire. they should be out in the first weeks of December. no pictures on the web site yet, but some good ones in stereophile.....

oscar

HOME THEATER CREATIONS

·
Registered
153 Posts
Arcam also have a range of silver finish recievers and DVD players.

There isn't a powered version of the Calliopes, Tag found there wasn't enough interest. You could stick the Tag poweramp (or amps if you're using 7 channels) out of sight somewhere and use the CAT5 TagTronic bus for control.

·
Banned
17,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is a sad stste of affairs indeed.

The WIGHEADS in this Indutry, with the exception of BUZ, are a bunch of _____________ (fill in the blanks).

I made this post to find alternatives to the REVOX m-51. Which as it turns out has No VIDEO Bus, has a Multisystem DVD player but no capcity for switch.

That said I think I will stick to it.

REVOX M-51

Thank you all that participated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.