AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I could find a supplier to buy some aluminum from to build a frame? Also I know I want 3" wide material but I don't know what to ask or look for? Do I ask for square tubing or what is the aluminum called that you build a frame out of? Thank you so much for your help.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I've seen Bosch Rexroth used in some builds. It looks like it has worked really well. Can't help with a supplier.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you much MM for the link. After looking at this length and reading a few of the posts here I much admit that I am lost on what material to use to build and inexpensive, yet strong 124" x 74" frame. I did not see any 11' long pieces from 80/20 for my top and bottom pieces?

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golffnutt  /t/1415267/aluminum-frame-material#post_22141831

Thank you much MM for the link. After looking at this length and reading a few of the posts here I much admit that I am lost on what material to use to build and inexpensive, yet strong 124" x 74" frame. I did not see any 11' long pieces from 80/20 for my top and bottom pieces?

What....you again?

They offer "Splines" that insert between two pieces to join them. That's how it's done.

BTW, building a Frame from such Aluminum components isn't and never has been considered "inexpensive", just preferable to some over the use of Wood. It's not unheard of though to combine both materials.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts