AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a NHT 7.1 setup currently (VT-1.4 fronts, VS-1.4 surrounds, SC1 center, SW10 sub). I have two little ones (under 2) and I'm getting worried about the kids hurting the speakers. I've been thinking about getting something small/wall mountable. Do you all think it's nuts to get rid of speakers? I guess what I'm asking is - because you'll take such a hit on selling them would you do it? I don't want to box them up & keep them as I won't be putting them back out any time soon.

Thoughts/opinions? Getting rid of the kiddos is not an option. Shipping big speakers must be tough!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
I'd also be worried about the speakers hurting the kids, but that can be addressed with a couple of inconspicuous brackets to the wall. my $.02 worth (much less now with the free falling dollar)......you will be mighty disappointed with "smaller wall mounted" speakers. Keep the speakers and cobble together a way to protect the speaker cones with hardware cloth or pierced metal covers under the grill cloth. It may effect the sound somewhat, but in a couple of years you can take it all off and still have your nice setup back.

Failing that, if you really must get rid of them I will be happy to pay the shipping to dispose of them at my house 8-}

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you're thinking about putting them away for 5+ years I'd sell them.

Personally I'd probably take my chances with keeping the speakers and hoping the kids don't mess them up.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
I have two little ones (under 2) and I'm getting worried about the kids hurting the speakers.

I have a 19 month old so if they are around your speakers there is a high probability that damage will happen

Kids or speakers....what is more important?
Silly question for an AV forum but priorities at a certain time must change and you might get a decent price for your speakers and live with speakers that sit higher up. Down firing subs are fine with kids, wall mounted speakers can be very good, atleast as good as you want really depending on the $$$.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts