AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at these Anthony Gallo Micro loudspeakers. First off, let me just say that these are incredible little speakers. I had to put my ear up to them to make sure that the sound I was hearing was coming from them and not from the larger speakers nearby.

I'm told I can have them for $$$ a piece (it would be $$$ if I took them in black or white). I'm told that the TR-2 250W sub will be $$$ and something ($$$?). The MPS 250W sub is $$$. The salesman told me the MPS 250W costs more because "it's a 500W sub." Since this is clearly false, I wonder whether I'm being given a reasonable deal at all. Does anyone know if the TR-2 is really only half the sub of the MPS? I like the looks of the MPS better, but not $$$ better.

Also, the wall brackets are going to be something like $$ a piece.

What do you say? Should I do business with this guy at these prices? He's the only guy in town that carries Gallo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm familiar with Orb and with their prices. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to audition them. I'm wary of buying speakers sound unheard. I have heard the Gallo Micro and they sound terrific to my ears. And not just terrific for speakers their size. They still sounded great even when compared to other speakers in the store, including pricier Gallo offerings. I haven't heard DVD content on them yet, but I intend to before any money changes hands.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Do a search on ebay for current and completed listings. That will give you an idea if your price is a good one.

Peace,

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Without getting into prices, see if the company website has MSRP listed. If your dealer is under that, then yeah the price is good :D

I have never met a dealer that tried to sell something over MSRP.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Quote:
Guys please do not post pricing. Thank you.
That's what the PM feature is for.

·
Registered
11 Posts
TanRanger,

I'd recommend to you to look at the orbs. They are great. I bought a set and did a side by side comparision against the gallos and they blew the gallos away. Check them out at www.orbaudio.com . Great product and great service.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aside from being tough to audition, the other drawback to the OrbAudio product (for me) is that they aren't available in quite the range of colors that the Gallos are. The Gallos can be had in about eight colors and finishes. I'm sure the Orbs are a fine product, though. I just wish I had a chance to hear them myself. If they're better than the Gallos to your ears, then they must be great speakers indeed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.