AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am I doing everything correctly to optimize my setup but i just wanted to get the experts opinion.

1) Ripped my CD collection to Flac via CD rom

2) Using Foobar 2000 to play Flac files

3) Have wasapi plugin enabled in foobar

4) went to sound properties and enabled 24/192 content playback

5) HDMI cable from GTX 780 to Marantz 8801 for Digital to analog conversion

I think that about covers my current set up, am I missing any obvious features or hardware? Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
15,085 Posts
Your configuration look OK.

However, CDs are 16/44.1, so 24/192 does nothing useful for them. You'd have to download some hires FLACs to make use of that feature. Bear in mind, too, that 192Khz samplerate audio which actually contains high frequency content often can cause audible intermodulation distortion since most tweeters are not designed to handle frequencies much above 20KHz. But that's usually a non-issue, since most hires soundtracks usually are silent at frequencies above 22 KHz.

·
Registered
343 Posts
All of your settings look good to me. Your sound properties settings are irrelevant when using WASAPI players so I'd leave it as is. What about remote control? I personally use an iPhone but couldn't find a free iPhone app that works with foobar2000 (it crashes foobar on launch). XBMC 12.3 has decent FLAC playback as well (perfectly gapless and works with my m3u playlists) and free iPhone and Android remote apps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.