AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am finishing my basement and I am not sure what I want to do for a STB/DVR. I am getting a TV this week and figured I would get a streaming device to hold me over.

First I got a roku. It was a simple setup and simple interface. It seemed nice and would work. The only thing it was missing was the ability to stream from my PC (which I think there is a workaround). The deal breaker was if I paused video the sound would cut out and was hard to come back (had to switch HDMI inputs or just wait a long time). I took this back to BestBuy.

Next I got a Revue. I figured it was the same price and got more. The problem now is my Harmony One remote isnt working with it. When I press a button on the remote the green light on the Revue would barely light up (if at all) unless I turn off my TV. With the TV off it seems to get a strong signal. So, basicly it works great with the TV off

So, what to do next. Should I get I return the revue and get a different one? Try something else? Ideas? Please help!

·
Registered
41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankZ /forum/post/20856703

Ok, I am finishing my basement and I am not sure what I want to do for a STB/DVR. I am getting a TV this week and figured I would get a streaming device to hold me over.

First I got a roku. It was a simple setup and simple interface. It seemed nice and would work. The only thing it was missing was the ability to stream from my PC (which I think there is a workaround). The deal breaker was if I paused video the sound would cut out and was hard to come back (had to switch HDMI inputs or just wait a long time). I took this back to BestBuy.

Next I got a Revue. I figured it was the same price and got more. The problem now is my Harmony One remote isnt working with it. When I press a button on the remote the green light on the Revue would barely light up (if at all) unless I turn off my TV. With the TV off it seems to get a strong signal. So, basicly it works great with the TV off

So, what to do next. Should I get I return the revue and get a different one? Try something else? Ideas? Please help!

Don't trust for stream from PC, buy Lacie Lacinema PLAYHD 2TB. No net work in that, but you have many gigs in that

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BankZ

I believe that some LCD TV's can interfere with the Revue. The solution is to move the Revue box farther from the TV.

I'm using the Harmony One with the Revue and it works pretty well (still have some tinkering to do).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.