AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for the help first and foremost

Question...

Our existing "prewired" for tv setup in the house includes just power, cable coax, and rgb behind the tv location.

If I want to get a cable box, how am I to get the cable coax from behind the tv, to the outlets on the bottom? There is no nearby cable/ant/coax?

Maybe the installers know something I don't? Sorry for the newbish question, all my experience has been with shelf setups, nothing behind the wall.

regards

--soheil

ps. I said urgent because I thought of this morning, and need it fixed asap, they are coming by later today, but I don't want to sound like a fool

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
What is it you want to get from where?

Are you saying you want the OUTPUT of your cable box to go to more than one TV?

Most people just get a box per TV.

And where, exactly, does the rgb behind the TV end up (or start out)?

Are you wanting to go with a separate A/V closet? If so, you probably want RGB, TOS-link and HDMI all run between the TV location and that A/V closet. You probably also want speaker wire run from the receiver location to the speaker locations.

Are you getting a projector? If so, you need HDMI and RGB from the player or receiver/switching location to the projector spot in the ceiling.

Bottom line: You're not really telling us enough information. You're saying "get the cable coax from behind the TV, to the outlets on the bottom" -- what outlets, on the bottom of what?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I think he is saying that the coax is only going to the TV location, it's not going to the place where the other end of the component cables are (where he would put his cable STB).

If that's the case, I would have them run a coax to that STB location as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.