AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously, are you guys gaslighting me or something? Every post that I've searched about the VGA connection talks about component to VGA cables, and assumes that everything is hunky-dory if you have one, or just assumes a VGA-VGA connection that is straightforward. The Panny FAQ shows the various Panny models and lists the types of connections. All of them show an HD-15 connector.

Well, I spent a few minutes this afternoon trying to connect my Momitsu to my new Panny today, and it didn't go too well. The HD-15 male connector on the VGA cable from the Momo didn't want to go on the female connector on the Panny. I finally looked really closely at the little diagram on the back of the Panny, and figured out why: The female VGA connector on the Panny is clearly denoted in that diagram as a 9-pin connector. Am i missing something, or did Panny switch connectors?

Any help would be appreciated, before I pull out what little remains of my hair. TIA - Pat

·
Registered
95 Posts
On my 42PWD7UY panel, it has a 9 pin SERIAL female connector, and a 15 pin PC female connector. You can use either one for a PC. Read your owners manual closer... :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, thanks. Haven't read the manual at all at this point. It was delivered to a friend's house, and I've been slowly dragging other stuff over and adding it to the system. Nice to know that I'm not nuts ... just not thorough. :eek: - Pat

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubesguy
Ah, thanks. Haven't read the manual at all at this point. It was delivered to a friend's house, and I've been slowly dragging other stuff over and adding it to the system. Nice to know that I'm not nuts ... just not thorough. :eek: - Pat
It's been a while since i've read the manual for a commercial model but i believe you need to use the 15 pin connection, then go into the user menu and set up this input for component. The 9 pin is strictly for PC use.

If you don't have the manual at hand you can download it from the SUPPORT section on the Panasonic home page:

http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPER...TH37PWD7UY.PDF

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
The VGA is the one on the left. :)

Check Out the all-new BruZZi's Panasonic Plasma FAQ

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruZZi
The VGA is the one on the left. :)

The FAQ plus links to Plasma Stands, Wallmounts, Murals, Lifts, Speakers, Frames, Bezels & More.

Also links to Audio/Video Faqs, Comparisons, News, Reviews, Shootouts, Tutorials, Tweaks & Many More.
As you are looking at the plasma from the front or back??? ;)

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, BruZZi, you gotta be more specific, man. On the other hand, I'm going back to finish up today, and I don't think there'll be any beer involved this time, so it might be easier to figure things out. ;-) - Pat

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
The VGA connector will be closest to the other video/audio connectors. There is a 3.5mm stereo audio jack next to it.

The 9 pin connector is for RS-232 control only. It is NOT an input.

TW

·
Registered
352 Posts
The VGA connector is on the left side as you look at the TV from the front. It is also the only connector with 15 pins in it. Your colors may be off until you go into the menu and set the PC input to component. Component-to-PC works like a champ. I have my HD STB connected to the PC input and my DVD player on the Component input (input 3).

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubesguy
Yeah, BruZZi, you gotta be more specific, man. On the other hand, I'm going back to finish up today, and I don't think there'll be any beer involved this time, so it might be easier to figure things out. ;-) - Pat

As you wish... :D

http://www.glaucobruzzi.com/Attachments/7UY_inputs.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.