AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am renovating my home and setting up a 12 zone Russound CAV for audio and video distribution. First I hope I am making the right choice between Russound and Crestron. Any tips there?

Second, I have five TV locations, Two of these are in the master bath and office, so don't need anything super. I have wired these with a combo cable which contains two cat5 and a rg6 plus one 16/4. In the other three locations, I ran two combo cables, two cat5s and 3 rg6. So total of 4 cat5s, 5 rg6.

Every room has a keypad with two cat5s and one 16/4. Russound only needs one cat5 so we have a spare in each room for future.

Being a good sized home and so many zones, I am going through cable like crazy. Will I ever realistically need more?

If I ever upgrade to crestron, will I be able to work?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I suggest you speak with a local Crestron dealer, to make certain.

How are the speakers wired? Did you read the CAV install manual?

·
Registered
10,873 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcu /forum/post/20872754

Will I ever realistically need more?

Yes. And invariably, in the one place that is impossible to fish without major demolition. Murphy says so.

Which is why we always suggest flex conduit to key and/or inaccessible locations.

As for Crestron wiring - yep, call a dealer.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.