AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, if we're going to hyperfocus on little niggly issues that in the end don't matter one fig, let's try this one on for size:

Am I the only one who gets annoyed, coming to the ReplayTV forum only to get animated TiVo ads on the top of the page?

{Insert outraged indignation, followed by threats of discontinuation of custom here}

Being one of the few people in the world who is not bothered by banner ads, but this one seems just a bit out of place.

(No, banner ads really don't bother me - gotta pay for this somehow. Now, if you want to see me go apoplectic, though, mention pop-ups and pop-unders.)

·
Registered
207 Posts
I can see how it's annoying, but it's simple to see why Tivo would want to advertise here, it's their target audience.

I think there used to be some RTV ads o the other side as well, but I haven't seen them in a while.

Anyway, these are private forums and not havens for RTV/Tivo, so the advertisers will go where they think they have an audience.

I know you'd like them more if they added more dancing clowns... ;)

Xaa

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Banners don't really bug me. TiVo advertising here doesn't bother me either. I am sometimes slightly bemused by the 9th Tee TiVo expansion ads that show up--brackets and so forth. I know that some Replay owners also own TiVos, however I'm guessing that the percentage is small. Perhaps we need a poll! :)

Matthew in CO.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Creech
Perhaps we need a poll! :)
But first, I think we need a poll to decide if we need another poll or not.

Here we go round the mullberry bush....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.