AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pre-ordered Clerks 2, and Lucky Number Slevin. In adition, I also orderd Fearless, and The Matador. It looks like all but the matador are on back order. If you look at them now, they all say estimated shipping time is between 5 and 12 days. This is pretty dissapointing. Usually the movies ship out the night before they are to be released. My estimated ship date is Jan 24th. This is terrible IMO.

I also went to my local wal mart, and best buy, and the selections were TERRIBLE. I don't understand why HD DVD support sucks so badly in Canada.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I pre-ordered mine last week (Matador, Clerks II and Lucky # Slevin) and all say shipping soon in my cart. Should be sent out tomorrow and be here by Friday. That how it usually works for my orders form them and i have ordered 5-6 times from them so far. All also seem to be in stock as well on the site

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I ordered Fearless last week without looking at availability, and I just noticed today about the delayed shipping. No wonder my order still hasn't shipped!

·
Registered
708 Posts
My pre-order for Clerks II, Posiedon, and the mummy returns are still waiting to be shipped.

·
UHD Addict
39,633 Posts
I got all seven titles released this week yesterday from Amazon.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
The Mummy Returns arrived on my doorstep yesterday on release date.

No complaints here. And what's even better is they said it shipped on Monday, which was a holiday. My guess is it went out a tad earlier considering I got it on Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Pulse, Slevin, Poseidon, and Mummy Returns are all set to arrive today, Clerks II tomorrow.

Keep in mind I Pre-ordered Poseidon, Mummy and Pulse like mid December and Clerks II and Slevin first week of January. I also have a Prime membership.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I find,with Amazon, there is a delay between when the item ships and they update their site to let you know it's shipped. Chances are all our packages have shipped, but the site has yet to say so.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad_cincy /forum/post/0

I pre-ordered Clerks II and Lucky # Slevin last week as well (Prime member). This morning I received a "Dear Valued Customer" letter from Amazon.

I received the same letter. I had Slevin in my cart since it was available for pre-order but waited until I had some more things to order. I guess that put me towards the back of the line. Anyways, this will be my first Weinstein disc, and the movie was one of my favorites of last year, so I'm excited to give it a spin. Amazon has been great and this takes nothing away from that for me. Though, it would be nice if they included overnighting, on delayed items, with Prime accounts.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I received a similar message (I believe)...a "we're waiting on one or more items and need to know what to do" message. Unfortunately, I'm at work so I can't check Amazon.com.

I ordered:

Lucky Number Slevin

Poseidon

Clerks II

The Sting

Must be that no one is buying HD DVDs anymore...
...clearly that's not the case!!...

·
Registered
1,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_G /forum/post/0

Received Poseidon (HD), Mummy Rerturns (HD), Sting (HD), and Scooby-Doo (BR) all yesterday from Amazon. No delays.

When did you pre-order? I'm just curious if they are going in order or maybe it is just regional.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I preordered clerks II and slevin along with a copy of fearless three weeks ago with standard shipping and my order isn't even moved to shipping soon yet. The same thing happened when I preorded Gears of War from them. Unfortunately there are few other places to get HD-DVD in nothern NY without paying BB prices, looks like I'm going to need to pickup a prime account to ensure all my orders at least come as soon as possible.

EDIT: Looks like it was fearless that was holding it up, I've removed it to move this along a bit.

·
23,039 Posts
I don't think Prime membership carries any privileges. It's more like first come, first serve from what I've seen and I was just re-up'd for another year of Prime. I've had to wait for movies that others were getting. Clerks II is arriving today for me.

larry

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.