AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

there's probably a very good reason for them looking like monoprice cables...

they are likely made in the same factory on the same assembly line...

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have had zero issues with the Amazon cables. I have 3 in my set up.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was contemplating grabbing these cables for my new samsung 55 inch 3d tv (8000) the guy at best buy kept pushing monster cables for 90 bucks (high speed 700-900 hz) but i passed and went to amazon to see if they had cheaper priced cables and ran across their brand (amazonbasics) and the reviews were pretty good,then came on here to do some homework before buying the cables

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

good move passing on the 90 dollar cable...

i'd say the amazon cables will do the job... many of us order (and use extensively) cables from monoprice and tartan ...

·
Banned
3,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 /forum/post/19645877

i was contemplating grabbing these cables for my new samsung 55 inch 3d tv (8000) the guy at best buy kept pushing monster cables for 90 bucks (high speed 700-900 hz) but i passed and went to amazon to see if they had cheaper priced cables and ran across their brand (amazonbasics) and the reviews were pretty good,then came on here to do some homework before buying the cables

Removed by author

·
Registered
141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstrbass2000 /forum/post/19645877

That tv is great and I use that series myself. I got the same sales pitch but have had no problems whatsoever with other brands of high speed cables including several I built myself. I think the salesman said my picture would "run slower" with other cables lol.

Shop around, there are plenty of reputable sellers of high speed hdmi cables starting at about $3 for a six foot high speed without ethernet. Your tv will either use a wifi dongle or you will wire directly to it so the "with ethernet" part is not important for you.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin68 /forum/post/19648977

That tv is great and I use that series myself. I got the same sales pitch but have had no problems whatsoever with other brands of high speed cables including several I built myself. I think the salesman said my picture would "run slower" with other cables lol.

Shop around, there are plenty of reputable sellers of high speed hdmi cables starting at about $3 for a six foot high speed without ethernet. Your tv will either use a wifi dongle or you will wire directly to it so the "with ethernet" part is not important for you.

thanks paladin,i wasn't sure about the ethernet part,the package i got included the wifi dongle,thanks for clearing that up,i guess i'll just grab the cheaper cables and be done with it,ill use the money saved and grab a nicer tv stand

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah I got the dongle with my 3d blu-ray surround sound system. Definitely go for high speed though. I could be wrong on this but I believe the blu-ray 3d is pushing 6.75 gigabits per second so you need the throughput of the cables that handle up to 10.2 gbps. I think the standard go to about 2.25 but it has been ages since I read this stuff so I apologize for any inaccuracies. I am more into results than data.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin68 /forum/post/19651517

...I could be wrong on this but I believe the blu-ray 3d is pushing 6.75 gigabits per second so you need the throughput of the cables that handle up to 10.2 gbps. I think the standard go to about 2.25 but it has been ages since I read this stuff so I apologize for any inaccuracies. I am more into results than data.

Removed by author

·
Registered
141 Posts
lol, I will have to reread it in HDMI.org sometime, but this is not the time. I believe even by those standards you would want to use what are currently called high speed cables for more demanding throughput.

Here is a small discussion of throughput that talks about the maximum being 10.2 gbit sec:

Video Transport: Video information is transmitted as a series of 24-bit pixels - 8 bits each for each of the primary colors (ver. 1.3 and 1.4 supports up to 48 bit pixel information). 24-bit pixel information is encoded using the TMDS protocol into three 10-bit words per pixel clock period (i.e. each pixel is made up of 30bits). This means that the effective maximum data throughput is 4.95Gbit/s (165MHz x 30-bits) over a single-link HDMI cable for up to HDMI ver. 1.2, or 9.9Gbit/s over a dual-link HDMI interconnect. In the case of HDMI ver. 1.3 and 1.4, maximum data throughput over a single link is 10.2 Gbit/s; these rates determine the maximum video signal resolution that can be transmitted over single-link and dual-link HDMI cables.

·
Banned
3,692 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin68
lol, I will have to reread it in HDMI.org sometime, but this is not the time. I believe even by those standards you would want to use what are currently called high speed cables for more demanding throughput.
Removed by author

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i bought the 10.2 high speed cables,i have had the earlier versions (standard)which i tried on the ps3 blu ray but the performance was studdering and i noticed washed out colors,once i changed them to the high speed,no more problems viewing the disc

ps i got the samsung 6900 3d blu ray player with the bundle but i also have the lg dual format player (hddvd/blu ray) which is better performance wise ???

·
Registered
1,578 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colm /forum/post/19654160

Local high schools around here don't even allow students to use wikipedia as a source.

Most schools won't accept any encyclopedia as a source, as they want students to delve deeper into subjects when researching. Your anecdote is completely irrelevant.

·
Registered
718 Posts
There are schools who won't allow certain books in school period because of poliitcs, you have the NEA and Teachers Union wanting to decide what goes in the books and what doesn't, often times it's a lot of political correctness propaganda. My father was in the public schools for 43 years, first as a teacher then as a vice principle, my mother was a teacher, both my uncles and cousin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.