AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking, and this is my first post.

I've finally decided to enter the world of HD and have decided on the Sony 60a2000.

I've never bought anything this expensive off the Internet, so I'm nervous, but I've narrowed down the vendor to either B&H Photo or Amazon, which has the TV for about $200 less than B&H. From reading this site and resellerratings, I know that B&H is very highly thought of, but the prospect of saving $200 by buying from Amazon is very appealing.

I would appreciate any thoughts and/or comments.

Thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
67 Posts
I bought my Samsung HLS4676S from Amazon saving $300 over getting it at Best Buy. The set was actually shipped from Electronic Express in Nashville, TN. It shipped out via Watkins Motor Lines on 12/22 (I am not sure why it shipped via Watkins since most of the time Amazon uses Eagle Freight from what I have read) I was able to go to the Watkins site and track progress all the way. It arrived here in Southern California on 1/2 in perfect condition. The box was not damaged in any way and the TV was (and is) perfect. I am very happy with my purchase.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just received my Sony 50A2000 from Amazon, was a better price than any retailer in my area by far, delivered when expected, free shipping. Then I noticed the price dropped an additional $80 which they refunded back to me. No compaints here.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mr. Waggles,

I had a bad experience with B&H, when the stand I purchased through them was damaged in shipping. They gave me the run around for 2 weeks about shipping a replacement, I would get a different story every time I called. Then they never responded to my e-mails. I had to go through my credit card company to cancel the charges.

If the stand had not been damaged during shipment, I would have been satisfied with them, but once there was a problem, they made no effort to ship the replacement in a timely fashion.

Buyer Beware of B&H

Miner

·
Registered
217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdym /forum/post/0

I just received my Sony 50A2000 from Amazon, was a better price than any retailer in my area by far, delivered when expected, free shipping. Then I noticed the price dropped an additional $80 which they refunded back to me. No compaints here.

Did you have to contact them about a refund? I just ordered a TV from amazon. If the price on the set I ordered goes down will they automatically send a refund? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
283 Posts
For price matches you need to contact Amazon as soon as you see the price drop. Contact them by e-mail. I got a response within 4 hours on a Sunday night for a price match. you may want to do a screen grab too, although if the price goes back when the rep. checks it you may be out of luck.

Amazon is probably better than B&H, if you need to do a return Amazon might even pick up the return shipping and issue a fullr efund with B&H I'd bet that you would be looking at a lot of fees.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.