AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have just set up my new HTPC running windows 7 and was trying to load Assassins plug in and it keeps giving me an "unable to load application" error when trying to launch it. I then downloaded it from another site http://sharepointsnapple.com/amazonmceaddin/ and got it to launch once. Then after I get out of WMC then go back in, I get the same message. Has anyone ever run into this before? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bruce

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer....any speculation as to why Amazon will not create one themselfs like Netflix?

·
Registered
346 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacffin  /t/1523607/amazon-plug-in-for-wmc#post_24512542

Bummer....any speculation as to why Amazon will not create one themselfs like Netflix?

Amazon has gone out of their way to create a walled garden, blocking their content on Android devices as well. Their app works fine on the Kindle, which runs on Android, so there is no technical limitation there. Honestly, if they moved to a more Netflix-like approach of getting their app on every platform possible, it would go a long way toward improving the ubiquity and value of Prime.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm getting pretty disgusted with Amazon as of late. Not only did they increase the prime membership price to $99, they continually try to bait you into buying their videos. I mean really, who is going to spend $1.99 for a single episode of "the first 48"? They give you a taste of a series to get you hooked, then expect you to buy the rest. I will not renew my prime membership after it runs out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts