AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering why Amazon doesn't do Dolby Vision yet judging from their HDR content which is done nicely they're more than capable .

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I just linked all my movies from movies anywhere and most of the titles that are supposed to be 4k HDR aren't. I guess that didn't transfer over.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I just linked all my movies from movies anywhere and most of the titles that are supposed to be 4k HDR aren't. I guess that didn't transfer over.

If you have Vudu linked via Movies Anywhere, you'll have a better chance of getting HDR/Dolby Atmos for your digitial copies and purchased movies.

Reactions: Hetfieldjames

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
If you have Vudu linked via Movies Anywhere, you'll have a better chance of getting HDR/Dolby Atmos for your digitial copies and purchased movies.
I didn't know you could do that. How do I go about doing that? Because that is where all my movies are but considering they were just sold from Walmart I want to move away from them. Plus they aren't on the Fire TV devices.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I didn't know you could do that. How do I go about doing that? Because that is where all my movies are but considering they were just sold from Walmart I want to move away from them. Plus they aren't on the Fire TV devices.

As long as your Amazon, Vudu, and Google accounts are linked via Movies Anywhere, you'll be able to stream your Digital Copies and "Purchased" copies using any of those linked accounts. You won't be able to use any rentals in this manner.

When you redeem your Digital Copies, these movies will begin to populate your library for Movies Anywhere, Vudu, Amazon Prime, and Google Play Movies (Itunes I believe as well).

It's a crap shoot trying to figure out which service offers the best streaming experience, but Vudu seems to have been my GoTo for all of my purchased and Digital Copies. Many of my Digital Copies are offered in HDR10 and Dolby Atmos.

Amazon will play some of my Content in HDR10, but no Atmos.

Movies Anywhere will play some of my content in HDR10, but no atmos.

Google Play movies, will just stream in 4k, no HDR10, no Atmos.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Wondering why Amazon doesn't do Dolby Vision yet judging from their HDR content which is done nicely they're more than capable .
As others have noted a few select titles are in Dolby Vision. All other content is in HDR10+.

A few years back in late 2017 when HDR and Dolby Vision were still fighting for positioning, Amazon in partnership with Samsung came out in support of HDR10+. The Dolby Vision like alternative without the licensing fees that Dolby Vision requires. I have no idea how many devices outside of Samsung TV's can actually take advantage of the plus part of HDR10+ a few years later.

Samsung and Amazon will start streaming HDR10+ content tomorrow | Dec 12, 2017, 8:54am EST
https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/12/16766192/samsung-amazon-streaming-hdr10

Reactions: Soccerdude
1 - 8 of 8 Posts