AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here ever return a TV to Amazon?

My situation is described in http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1147293

Quick summary is that I bought a TV from Amazon. The guy came here, tested the TV, it worked, and I signed off on it.

It's now been a week, and 3 of the 4 HDMI inputs have died. Unfortunately, the deliverer took all the packaging material with him. Can I still return the TV?

What other options do I have?

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angle_slam /forum/post/16912120

Anyone here ever return a TV to Amazon?

My situation is described in http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1147293

Quick summary is that I bought a TV from Amazon. The guy came here, tested the TV, it worked, and I signed off on it.

It's now been a week, and 3 of the 4 HDMI inputs have died. Unfortunately, the deliverer took all the packaging material with him. Can I still return the TV?

What other options do I have?

yes absolutely call amazon. then they will want you to call the set's manuf and have them open a case number which will verify to amazon that indeed there is a legitimate problem, which will qualify you for a return authorization to get free return shipping and a refund or exchange. otherwise you will have to pay the return shipping (the same as the deducted shipping charge on your invoice). amazon will set up the return shipping with the same shipper that made your delivery.

when you call amazon, ask them what to do about the box; i believe the shpping company can accommodate that circumstance.

TVbc

·
Registered
117 Posts
they have return policy...

just check on the web, you will get enough idea about it....

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I havent ever had to return a tv to Amazon but have never had any problems in the past returning other items that were defective.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I realize they have a generous return policy and I've returned small items before. My largest return was a defective DSLR. But I still had the packaging. If you have packaging, return is trivial, print out a shipping label, stick it on the box, mail it.

My question is specific to what they do for large items where you don't have the packaging.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by angle_slam /forum/post/16912966

I realize they have a generous return policy and I've returned small items before. My largest return was a defective DSLR. But I still had the packaging. If you have packaging, return is trivial, print out a shipping label, stick it on the box, mail it.

My question is specific to what they do for large items where you don't have the packaging.

and i gave you very specific instructions on what the procedure will be and they will be able to accommodate you -- i can't dial the number for you.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVbc /forum/post/16915095

and i gave you very specific instructions on what the procedure will be and they will be able to accommodate you -- i can't dial the number for you.

My response was directed at the other two posters, who merely said that Amazon does allow returns, with no details. Your post was much appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts