AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was intrested to see what would happen if we type some general HD info and see what the outcome would be.

lets starts with the most common ones.

HDDVD

error 1 . at number 11 i see Samsung Sony BDP-S1 Blu-ray Disc Player.

HD-DVD

no errors.

HD DVD

no errors.

bluray

error 2. at number 7 we see Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player.

blu ray

error 3. at number 8 we see Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player.

blu-ray

error 4. at number 7 we see Toshiba HD-A1 HD-DVD Player.

as you can see. there are some errors in the search engine of amazon. if the search engine of a very common topic already give problems, then why can we trust sales rankings on amazon?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Those don't seem like errors. When using the search, it brings up stuff related to what you're searching for -- the search goes for exact word matches and category matches. I think the search engine has little to do with the ranking results.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fronn /forum/post/0

Those don't seem like errors. When using the search, it brings up stuff related to what you're searching for -- the search goes for exact word matches and category matches. I think the search engine has little to do with the ranking results.

Could be ... If I do a general search for "blu-ray" on amazon.com, and then select DVD under the "Narrow by Category", the first three titles I see are HD-DVD titles (Chronos, Miama Vice, and The Last Samurai), then followed by 200+ Blu-ray titles.

LOL.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Amazon is in the business of providing related sales also. Haven't you ever seen the "87% of people who bought ITEMX also bought ITEMY."

Amazon isn't in the format war it's in the "sell a lot of crap so I make more money" war and will probably list every available HD offering when you type in anything HD-DVD or Blu-Ray related. This is just in case you might be dual format guy like a lot people around here are.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Try typing in the term "The Bland" into the Amazon search engine.

At number five is the DVD "Just Like A Woman"

http://www.amazon.com/Just-Like-Woma...?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

I am sure this is an error-although I don't know the Bland personally-and I hope it also gets fixed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.