AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who ordered an XA2 when amazon hit their lowest price last week, call and check the status of your order. I wasn't in a hurry, since amazon showed the XA2 out of stock, so I took the super saver free shipping. I saw that they got the units in last Monday, and figured my order would ship in 3-5 business days after that. I called amazon today just because I am paranoid, and was told that even though they had charged my card and the financial transaction was complete, my order was "stuck", and that they would probably have to cancel the order, credit my card, and then have me order again.

I ordered from amazon instead of someone else to avoid this kind of headache in the first place. I'm sure one way or another everything will get straightened out and I'll get my XA2 at the price I thought was a steal when I ordered, but what a pain in the @$$.

· Immaculate Grand Phoobah
3,783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlankton /forum/post/0

Anyone who ordered an XA2 when amazon hit their lowest price last week, call and check the status of your order. I wasn't in a hurry, since amazon showed the XA2 out of stock, so I took the super saver free shipping. I saw that they got the units in last Monday, and figured my order would ship in 3-5 business days after that. I called amazon today just because I am paranoid, and was told that even though they had charged my card and the financial transaction was complete, my order was "stuck", and that they would probably have to cancel the order, credit my card, and then have me order again.

I ordered from amazon instead of someone else to avoid this kind of headache in the first place. I'm sure one way or another everything will get straightened out and I'll get my XA2 at the price I thought was a steal when I ordered, but what a pain in the @$$.

Immediately call the Customer Service number and insist that they honor your order!
Do it now! Don't let some butthead give you that. Amazon doesn't ordinarily screw the customer. If they're starting now, do to their rediculously low pricing on the XA2, F-'em!!!

· Registered
2,227 Posts

Quote:

I'm not sure why you would need to cancel anything or do anything here? You ordered at the low price when they were out of stock and now that they are in stock they have charged your card and are in the process of getting your unit to you. What am I missing here?

· Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrSQ /forum/post/0

I'm not sure why you would need to cancel anything or do anything here? You ordered at the low price when they were out of stock and now that they are in stock they have charged your card and are in the process of getting your unit to you. What am I missing here?

Well, that's the problem. According to the CSR, my order is NOT coming to me, it's in some kind of amazon limbo. Yes, they have charged my card, no, they are not shipping me a unit, according to them. I know, it seems ridiculous to me too.

· Registered
2,227 Posts

Quote:

Well, that's the problem. According to the CSR, my order is NOT coming to me, it's in some kind of amazon limbo. Yes, they have charged my card, no, they are not shipping me a unit, according to them. I know, it seems ridiculous to me too.

Let me give you some advice here if you can be patient. I had a similar thing happen with an iBook I bought. I ordered it when it was in stock and it was for my dauhter and I ordered it to ship next day air as I was a prime subscriber. Well the next morning I woke up and it said some thing abotu ground shipping and estimated ship date was like a week a way.
Well I emailed them back and forth several times and was firm but polite....i knew that they did not have one in stock to ship even though they told me it would ship that day and this went on for a few days....but by the time i was done I got $150 credit on a $999 purchase. It took me 4 or 5 days to get it, but the money I got in credit for my inconvience was worth it.

· Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sounds like I'm getting a shipping upgrade and the same price I originally paid, but still won't see the item for almost a week. Bad purchase experience, which surprises me because I thought amazon had their act together better than that. At least they are making some attempt to make it right.

· Registered
2,227 Posts

Quote:

It sounds like I'm getting a shipping upgrade and the same price I originally paid, but still won't see the item for almost a week. Bad purchase experience, which surprises me because I thought amazon had their act together better than that. At least they are making some attempt to make it right.

sorry but now you are sounding likpe a spoiled little kid. You bought an item that you KNEW was out of stock, and you chose super saver free shipping? And THEN you complain because you don't get your product on "your" time schedule?

· Registered
714 Posts

Quote:

In my case when I ordered the XA2 on May 1st when they were out of stock Amazon told me SPECIFICALLY they DO NOT charge your credit card or even a debit card until the the unit is SHIPPED. My XA2 was shipped on May 8th and the card was charged on that specific day.

Regards

· Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrSQ /forum/post/0

sorry but now you are sounding likpe a spoiled little kid. You bought an item that you KNEW was out of stock, and you chose super saver free shipping? And THEN you complain because you don't get your product on "your" time schedule?

Now wait a second. Amazon loses my order in electronic limbo. Well, not loses, because they got my money and the order shows on their system, they just tell me that it's "stuck" and unless they do something it will never ship. Their answer is to cancel the "stuck" order. Now I have to wait about 2-3 days for the money to hit my bank account so the transaction can go through again because we had a flood last weekend and after buying a new water heater and fixing the furnace my checking account is a little light. I don't use credit cards, and I am not digging into my savings for this. So they are making me wait for their screw up, because they already had my money once. It took a 45 minute phone conversation to discover the problem, and then another 35 minute phone call to resolve the issue with another csr. You tell me how that is a good purchase experience. I'm a spoiled little kid because I don't feel I should have to call to make sure that they are shipping me an item they took my money for, or because I don't feel I should have to sit through 80 minutes worth of phone conversation with a csr, or because I resent having to wait to reorder til the money gets back in my checking account, when they already got paid for the item?

What, do you work for amazon or something?

· Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox1 /forum/post/0

In my case when I ordered the XA2 on May 1st when they were out of stock Amazon told me SPECIFICALLY they DO NOT charge your credit card or even a debit card until the the unit is SHIPPED. My XA2 was shipped on May 8th and the card was charged on that specific day.

Regards

In our case I ordered on the 7th, was charged on the 8th, but the unit never got picked.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.