AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced issues with attempting to buy Blu-rays from Amazon UK and not being allowed to get them shipped to your US address? I have bought six or seven disks, including Frozen 3D and Man of Steel 3D, in the past month or so without issue. In trying to buy Universal Monsters Essential Collection, I get an error that "this item cannot be shipped to your selected address". I got the same error last week when I attempted to buy Tangled 3D and Brave 3D. Why would Amazon restrict shipment of certain disks to the US and not others?

·
Super Moderator
16,257 Posts
Haven't had any issues so far.

S~

·
Registered
275 Posts
Are you trying to purchase from Amazon itself or a Marketplace seller? I just tried with the Monster set and the first listing is from "Venture Online" and they don't ship to the US. Selecting "Amazon" as the seller allows shipment.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you trying to purchase from Amazon itself or a Marketplace seller? I just tried with the Monster set and the first listing is from "Venture Online" and they don't ship to the US. Selecting "Amazon" as the seller allows shipment.

You are correct. I discovered the same myself today when I went back to try again. This was the same problem I had with Tangled 3D and Brave 3D last week when I was trying to get in on the BOGO sale. Today, I made sure to select the direct Amazon sources and all went through just fine. :)

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I bought the monsters collection really cheap off ebay from a seller called regionfreetitles or something like that. Paid $35 shipped. but I didnt get the special conffin box but it came with extras and was region free. Bought it for Creatures from the Black Lagoon 3d, thats like $20+ from bestbuy for the one movie

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
My experience has been that some of Amazon UK's third party sellers will ship to the U.S. and some won't. You have to check the individual seller for their policy. I don't think there is a universal Amazon UK policy on this unless things have changed recently. There are also some UK companies that sell directly and ship to the U.S. such as Arrow.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
No. But a lot of third party sellers do their own shipping. You really have to look at the info for each seller to see whether they ship outside Europe.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I just got the Universal Monsters collection, in the coffin box, for $95 (canadian) on Amazon.ca

I have run into the problem between Amazon ca (canada) and com (US), in that if there is the same product on both sites, it makes me pick CA (and pay more).

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I have run into the problem between Amazon ca (canada) and com (US), in that if there is the same product on both sites, it makes me pick CA (and pay more).
I have never had that sort of issue. I cross check prices all the time and chose the lowest total cost (including S&H and exchange). When I order from Amazon.com I have never had it even suggest looking at Amazon.ca. There must be some sort of per-user setting. Perhaps you should contact Amazon support, who are usually very helpful, or post more details here.

Mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
I meant when Amazon themselves ships the item for the third party. I don't think Amazon will ship internationally for other sellers.
I've had Amazon.com successfully ship thirdparty-fulfilments to Sweden, this hasn't always been the case though and I'm not sure if it works on every item fulfilled by Amazon but it certainly isn't a 100% negative. How this works on Amazon UK I can't say as I can't recall any of my thirdparty purchases I've made there being fulfilled by them.

·
Registered
7,819 Posts
I ordered from Amazon France and ran into the shipping issue, then I learned it's works like the UK, just go down the list and you find a vender that will ship. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts