Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm currently looking at several models and am curious as to anyone's experience with regard to which sets are better suited for brighter rooms (mine has a good deal of windows). I'm currently lookng at the 47" Panasonic, the 43" and 53" Hitachis and the 46" Mitsubishis.

I have noticed in playing around with them at the stores that the Mitsu sets have great black levels and as a result (I suppose) do not have a bright output, while the Hitachis seem to be able to go very bright. Maybe someone can also comment on how this relates to room brightness.

Thanks,

Chris

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
There is the added "glare" factor. Try to get a set where the protective shield comes off. This assumes there are no small children or careless adults lurking. The reflective glare is as bothersome as the light/or worse. I have room darking roll up shades. Try to get some for behind the viewer.--IMO all these sets require calibration--but controlling the room light comes first. Geo

·
Registered
410 Posts
Glare and reflection will be a much greater problem for you than black levels or contrast. Some protective screens are "anti-glare", but if you have any direct light on screen it'll still wash out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.