AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got done setting up a 1 Ghz Athlon DDR system and I would to know if my FSB is at 266 mhz. Asus pc probe reports an external clock of 133mhz but it doesn't report the FSB. I'm using an Asus AVA266 Mboard and 266DDRam.

Thanks,

------------------

Vance
My HT Pics

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Vance45:

___Your board is definitely running at a 266 MHz FSB (133 MHz DDR) if you are running your T-Bird at 1 GHz.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wayne

------------------

Vance
My HT Pics

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Moderator note: Abdul: I removed all of your OT postings and edited your initial post into the thread due to its OT and mildly condescending manner. Please refrain from this type of posting in the future.

___Thank You

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

If your system clock speed shows 133 Mhz, then you know you're running at 266 FSB speed, so you've got what you want. The 266 FSB rated Thunderbirds' designations end in a "C" instead of "A" or "B", but it's probably possible to run many 200 FSB rated 'birds at a 133 Mhz system clock so that you're getting 266 FSB. Note that there are definitely 1 Ghz and 1.2 Ghz Thunderbirds out there that are rated only 200 FSB. There is less than a 1% difference in overall speed between a 200 FSB and 266 FSB anyway. None of the little differences - 200 vs 266 FSB, PC100 vs PC133, etc. - amount to JACK SQUAT. Even DDR memory is worth only about a 10% overall speed boost, at least on current motherboards/processors.

For a lot of information about your CPU, try the program WCPUID .

OT verbiage removed.

-Abdul

[This message has been edited by xcel (edited 05-22-2001).]

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
In the future, I encourage you to keep your posts closer to the topic of home theater
Yes, father...

Thanks for the info on cpuid, btw.

------------------

Vance
My HT Pics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.